NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Suggestions for a MCF Fantasy League

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 05:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It would also be nice if we could figure out some way to reward calling that lon gshot... but I don't see it happening without assignging poitns to every driver like NASCAR.com does and we don't have a computer program to calculate this stuff for us. Where's the points for calling that guy like David Reutimann to get a good run? There isn't much incentive to reach out there and make a long shot pick..

Old 12-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
... I wish Brent would come back around and weigh in.
LOL I didn't know I was really needed for the process so. I'm okay with whatever you come up with Duane. Seems you wanna spearhead this one and you know I'll be in every week no matter what. We can even starting thowing money at it - I live for this stuff! If it were my call, I'd simply add more weight for picking the correct spot in the top 3 like I suggested. I really like the idea of getting penalized points because it screws everything up and makes it interesting. I don't really think we need to vote on it though. Draft it up and I'll sign 'er! We can vote for fun if you want.

Anyways, we got a long off season to work it all out.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:57 PM

5 Year Member

Well I don't want ti to be too complicated. If you pick a car who runs bad, you get penalized by not getting as many points as you should ahve. I would have done a single pick system, thats what we used to do on the Jeff Gordon forum, but I didn't want to mess with what was already here. I believe Space came up with the picking the top 3 picks system, and I want to keep that going. Somewhere along the way the top 10 calling and last place pick came in, and I want to keep those aspects. I don't really want to add too much to it. I don't want to spend 15 minutes figuring out the points for a single guy every week!!! and I don't want to go all year because we might have a huge NASCAR fan join up and become active in like, May of next year, and he won't be able to really join the fun! I want to reset the points every so often so new people can join in, plus we can have more winners that way! (Please don't give that idea to Brian France).

Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 AM

Thanks `Duane, for your time/dedication/experience on this subject....I do hope we can keep it simple & not complicated...

I think the main thing is to keep it `fun for everyone...
Thank you & all member's that contribute to your thread.
Good Luck

MEMBER's, post your suggestions `Ok ~> thanks

Old 12-20-2010, 08:26 AM

Hi CowBoy `Duane,
I don't know if the below link will help in creating a NASCAR fantasy Leauge or not, but it may give you some idea's....
Wish EveryOne a Happy ~>_________fill in the blank : )

How To Create a NASCAR Fantasy League | How To Do Things

Explain the setup, show them the fantasy Nascar site, and teach them how it works. Tell your friends that you can engage in this fantasy sports game by ...
www.howtodothings.com/.../how-to-create-a-nascar-fantasy-league - Cached

Old 01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Bix

Can't wait for February.....Daytona.
Also the new NASCAR 2011 game comes out for the XBOX360.
Allready put my deposit on that baby.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

We used to do a thing amongst friends that you had to pick your weekly picks based on finishes from previous week. 1 pick from top 10, one from 11-20 and one from 21-43. That way it mixes it up a little. Usually yor top drivers are in the top 10 or so. It isnt hard to find results from previous week. The we would just get the points as Nascar gives them. I like you idea of cautions and last place bonus, but as far as last place, thats generally not too hard with all the field fillers-start and parks. I am in.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:49 AM

5 Year Member

The making three picks from the 1-10, 11-20, and 21-43 sounds like a brilliant idea. I'll consider that one....

Of course, I would have to post the results every week, but that wouldn't be too bad. It also gives you that incentive to pick that Joey Logano, David Reutimann, or Ryan Newman character to pop up and win a race.

I'd like to see what some others think of this idea. Of course, since I'm thinking of breaking the season down into 4 segments, we could always try it for a segment and if it doesn't work, try something else.

The real NASCAR would never do that, would they?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 AM

5 Year Member

As far as the 1-10, 11-20, 20-43 goes.... how about we do that with the points standings??? You pick a drive in the top 10 or 12, a driver in the 11-20 or maybe 12-25 area, and then one of the drives behind that point? I'd like some input from some guys on this idea. I want something we can all agree on. A lot of people seem to be saying make a system and lets go for it. However, I want to know if my system is too complicated to figure out?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

I think that mixes it up a liitle by doing it that way. One person cannot pick Johnson, A Busch and Gordon. Its kind of a long shot after the 1-10 pick. Anything goes. Either way I am in.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for a MCF Fantasy League