NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Which points standings are you more interested in following?
Overall
66.67%
Segments
0%
I don't care, I want to win races!
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/Coke 600/Sunday Night

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Havent finished watching it but my son spoiled it for me so I may watch some of it. Sounds liike it was a good one. Points look really tight with that 77GP closing in. Excellent...

Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Brent doesn't think any race is good anymore. Everyone wants to claim NASCAR rigs races for Kyle Busch... but here's the thing, they threw a caution over a Coca~Cola bottle earlier in that race I believe, and then at the end, cars are WRECKING, they are BOTTLING UP, and NO CAUTION!!!! NONE?? NASCAR obviously proved that they wanted Jr. to win... I believe if anyone else was leading, there would have been a caution. But NASCAR knew Jr. was running out of gas, and NASCAR knew he coudln't take another caution without pitting, so they let the race go green so Jr. could have a chance at a win. That's right, I said it.

And that's the second race Jr. lost to Harvick this year. Brilliant.

NASCAR is believed by many to stand for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. In reality, it actually stands for Not Administering Systematic Calls At Races.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 05-30-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm Glad to see Harvick win some races this year. Now he needs to keep it up and win a championship. Whoever does will earn a place in history as the guy who beat Jimmy.

RocknSS Saginaw is right down the road from me, I live in Bay City Where was the wedding at?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Home now. total trip 3000kms

That was the most ecstatic, then disappointing moment of my life. I was going crazy with literally 100,000 frantic fans. It was an unparallelled feeling of mass hysteria. And then 100,000 hearts broke collectively. I've never seen a quieter mob leaving the track. I did not see a single person celebrating Harvick's win either, which is sort of a shame.

I didn't see how that looked like NASCAR trying to help Junior. In fact, when Kyle Busch had that sweep in Bristol last year NASCAR threw a red flag to keep Pyle Buschit from running out of gas in the truck race. The track was totally clean and unobstructed too. I don't think the late race caution would have hurt Jr that much anyways.
That push Harvick got at the end was a neat trick. Unfortunetly Junior had no team mates left at the end to help him. But I do question whether that push was legal. I understand pushing is legal, but that was not the running order those Childress guys were in. Just cuz Menard is several laps down and "doesn't count" then he is allow to run anywhere on the track he wants under caution?

Old 05-31-2011, 05:34 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I stand by my ruling. I'll agree to disagree with you though.

As far as I am concerned, Jr. probably should have taken that green flag as the leader too. At one point, Kasey Kahne had shut his car off and was like 20 car lengths behidn Jr. before getting it going and rocketing pass him like a ricer once the race is over. NASCAR ruled that Ambrose had to maintain pace car speed last year.... what gives?

Not Administering Systematic Calls At Races

Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 AM

Great to read that `Brent had a safe return trip home 4-Sure.
============================================
Are NASCAR Races Fixed ? I don't believe so ? I don't want to believe that they are fixed, but I do believe that some just cheat better than others. (Just like real life )

Where are the FACTS ? Evidence ? "If you don't have anything good 2 say, don't say anything at all" unless you can prove...

Winning is BIG $'s, would someone or NASCAR be influenced to cheat, and be dishonest ? Where's the facts, evidence, or is it just an opinion ?
Opinion - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

<BUTTON class=vspib type=submit></BUTTON>
a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter b : approval, esteem. 2. a : belief stronger than impression and less strong ...
<CITE>www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion</CITE> - Cached - Similar
Thank You for reading...