NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tell Me why? And Jimmie Johnson.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Default Tell Me why? And Jimmie Johnson.

Ok guys does someone want to tell why Nascar went with the Chevy Impala SS name badge and retired the most winning Nascar names in history the Monte Carlo? If someone has an answer for me please do tell as they say. Also I just want to say that Jimmie Johnson is a bulldozer! Can him and his team be beat? He is looking at a 4th championship for gods sake and I couldnt be happier for him and Hendrick Motorsports. I am a big fan of his but the way he and his team are dominating remind me of the way Michael Schumacher and Ferrari dominated the F1 scene. Unreal is all I can say. He is far ahead in points and I dont think any team can catch him now.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that NASCAR went with the Impala since Chevy decided to quit making the Monte Carlo... Makes sense to me

Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

i heard that toyota paid NASCAR big money to get rid of the MC since it was so dominating in the sport (((one reason why i hate toyota sooooo much)))

Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 PM

oh and i like Jimmie too and i see another championship in his near future for sure, although i wouldnt mind seeing Mark Martin or Tony Stewart winning it either

Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by JAFO
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that NASCAR went with the Impala since Chevy decided to quit making the Monte Carlo... Makes sense to me

Ah JAFO,

I was just at my local Chevy dealer today and they didnt stop making the Monte. And for SpinEM_90 I cant stand Toyota either. Just found out they pulled out of Formula One Racing. No big loss there because their car were junk.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by steve1971
Ah JAFO,

I was just at my local Chevy dealer today and they didnt stop making the Monte. And for SpinEM_90 I cant stand Toyota either. Just found out they pulled out of Formula One Racing. No big loss there because their car were junk.
hmmm elaborate on the not making monte part. i read somewhere that depending on how the camaro sales go that GM is thinking about bringing the Monte Carlo, Firebird, and Trans Am back...but that was before they had all of these problems with the economy going on.

ha really? now to just get them outta NASCAR. I know Red Bull is dropping them

Old 11-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Question

Originally Posted by steve1971
Ah JAFO,

I was just at my local Chevy dealer today and they didnt stop making the Monte.
REALLY!?!?!? Where is this dealer at? Would love to get my hands on an 2008, 2009 or 2010 Monte Carlo !

Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
hmmm elaborate on the not making monte part. i read somewhere that depending on how the camaro sales go that GM is thinking about bringing the Monte Carlo, Firebird, and Trans Am back...but that was before they had all of these problems with the economy going on.

ha really? now to just get them outta NASCAR. I know Red Bull is dropping them

I was told by the delaership I go to, Merit Chev, that the Monte is still avalible and if I am correct I saw a cherry red 08 Monte on their lot. I can go back and confirm tomorrow. As for getting Toyota out of Nascar? I would LOVE to see it happen. To me Nascar is for American cars only but thats just me.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by JAFO
REALLY!?!?!? Where is this dealer at? Would love to get my hands on an 2008, 2009 or 2010 Monte Carlo !

Merit Chevrolet. Saint Paul, MN.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:05 PM

The Monte production line was shut down to start making the Camaro. GM has no plans to bring the Monte Carlo back into production. But yeah! Go #48!!

Quick Reply: Tell Me why? And Jimmie Johnson.