NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Update 4/3/09 NASCAR + Dale Jr : )~*

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Update 4/3/09 NASCAR + Dale Jr : )~*

Apr 03 2009

Dale Jr. got his first Cup win at Texas :p

Posted by admin & Space in News
Earnhardt Earned His 1st Victory at Texas; He Could Use Another 4-Sure Go Out & Get'em Little `E

It was the spring of 2000 and a career was blossoming. Dale Earnhardt Jr. (No. 88 Amp Energy/National Guard Chevrolet), a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookie fresh off winning consecutive NASCAR Nationwide Series titles, came to Texas Motor Speedway.
PHOTO: CIA STOCK
Making only his 12th start in NASCAR’s top series, Earnhardt went to Victory Lane, where he was joined by his father, the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. for a memorable celebration. Earnhardt went on to win twice more in 2000, at the Richmond spring race and, incredibly, in the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race — becoming the first rookie to do so.
Of course, Earnhardt was almost immediately considered a “champion in waiting.” Nine years later, the waiting continues, with Earnhardt’s early-season struggles attracting increased focus on his team, in his second season with the highly successful Hendrick Motorsports organization.
Criticism has surfaced this season from both media and at least one rival in the series, Kyle Busch (No. 18 Interstate Batteries Toyota). None other than Rick Hendrick himself defended the No. 88 team vigorously last week, saying, “I am 100% behind this group. I have no intentions of making any changes. I have all intentions of making it better.”
Read the rest of this entry »
Q & A With Tony Stewart
Q: Tony, when was the last time you took a Shower ? lol

Posted by admin in News

Q. Tony, now that you’re six races into your new role as owner/driver, could you tell us, even if it was during a yellow flag lap, you have caught yourself thinking more as an owner than a driver?
PHOTO: CIA STOCK
TONY STEWART: I haven’t. I mean, I think the reason for that is we’ve been really good about knowing, even before the race, once Friday starts that I switch that hat over and I strictly stay in driver mode. You know, I catch myself worrying sometimes about where Ryan is, you know, with some of the bad luck he had early in the year, a couple of races I would ask where he was at. But, you know, that’s probably the only difference between what I normally would do and what we’re doing now.
I mean, now that I’ve got Ryan as a teammate, and as his car owner, I’m a little more curious about where he’s at sometimes during the race than I have been in the past with other teammates.
But, you know, there’s other times that I’ve had teammates and have asked where they were at, too. But I think a little bit more of it on the cautions now because I am a car owner. For the most part, I stay strictly in that driver mode and concentrating on what I’ve got to do to get to the front.
Q. Now that you have these expanded business relationships, have you felt any need or pressure to not get involved in the controversies that come along during race weekends?
TONY STEWART: Not at all. I mean, I think, if anything, it’s made me feel like I could get involved in them if I chose to.
But, you know, I think I focus more on what I got to do to work with a new crew chief during the weekends. Last couple years we’ve been a little better, with the exception of the Goodyear controversy last year, and that wasn’t in an effort to get in a debate with them as much as it was just a response to try to get ‘em to make something better.
I think they’ve done a good job with that this year. But, you know, it’s been easy to kind of stay out of the controversy. We’ve got enough stuff to keep us busy that I think it’s a little better to put it all in perspective and realize that some of those controversies aren’t worth the time and effort.

Posted by admin in News

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (April 1, 2009) – In a move that should be more cost-saving to the industry and help enhance the inspection process, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will begin conducting its post-race engine tear-down at the NASCAR Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C.
“Along with cost savings, this will provide our officials and teams with the means to analyze the engines in a more controlled setting,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. “We have been moving towards doing this in the past, and as the stakes continue to rise in our sport, we believe it’s the most effective way of doing things.”

Posted by admin in News
Edwards Looking To Rebound At Familiar Texas Motor Speedway

After having a rough weekend at Martinsville last weekend, the 99 crew looks to rebound this coming weekend at Texas.
Carl Edwards swept both Texas races in 2008 and is hoping to repeat some of that magic this week.
Currently eighth in points, Edwards is seeking his first win of the season. He has three victories at Texas.
This season Edwards has posted one top five and two top 10s in the first six races.
His best finish was third at Atlanta a similar styled 1.5-mile track like Texas. In eight starts at Texas he has three top-five finishes.
Another stat in Edwards’ favor this week is that his team owner Jack Roush, leads all other car owners in wins at Texas Motors Speedway with seven.

Posted by admin in News
Johnson Hitting His Stride

Three-time defending series champion Jimmie Johnson has overcome his trademark “slow” start and climbed to fourth in the points standings. His win at Martinsville last Sunday enabled him to jump five spots. At this same time last season Johnson was 10th in the standings. Currently, he is 142 points behind his teammate and standings leader Jeff Gordon.
Johnson heads to Texas with a good chance of continuing to shrink his teammate’s points lead. Johnson won the fall race in 2007 at Texas, and has posted five top fives and eight top 10s in 11 starts.
Johnson has finished second twice at Texas including last season’s spring race. Barring some unforeseen mechanical problem; watch for Johnson to be up front this weekend.

Posted by admin in News
Against The Odds: Stewart-Haas Racing Continues To Impress

Starting a new NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team isn’t easy, nor is being the owner/driver for said team. But Tony Stewart and his teammate Ryan Newman are not only meeting the expectations, they’re exceeding them. Stewart’s third-place finish at Martinsville was his first top-five and fourth top-10 finish of the season. He is seventh in the series standings, 161 points behind Jeff Gordon. Stewart won the fall Texas event in 2005 and has posted three top fives and eight top 10s in 14 starts at the 1.5-mile speedway.
His teammate, Ryan Newman, is on the move. He gained nine spots with his sixth-place finish at Martinsville, putting him in 18th. Newman has posted two top 10s this season and looks forward to Texas where he won in 2003. Newman has 11 starts at Texas, posting two poles and three top fives.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:37 PM

24 is going to end the skid!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gallic Gun
24 is going to end the skid!

Hi `E,
Jeff G.,is sure overdue 2 Win again.
He has the talent/team/car/organization
Now he just needs Rac'in Luck 4-$ure!
I know it would make Super Mod Wiz Kidd & several members
very `happy.
p.s. Wish U Great/safe luck in the USMC
Wish U the best 4-Sure

Old 04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Q & A With Tony Stewart
Q: Tony, when was the last time you took a Shower ? lol

LMAO!!! :-D

Thanks for that article space, i will have to read the rest of that after i finish reading the new forum posts.

Gordon qualified well (currently 2nd of 23 cars, still 25 left to qualify) but tony said he has a "gut feeling" he can win this weekend. I have to agree, I am going with Tony's "gut feeling" since that's a pretty big gut he's done well here in the past and seems to be on a roll, and practiced well today. so here are my picks for the weekend:

1. tony stewart
2. jeff gordon
3. carl edwards

i think if those 3 are up front at the end it will be anyone's race, since carl comes in as the reigning champ of both races last year at texas, and he's due for a good run. and gordo's wifey cut her hair (what the hell was up with that by the way?? did anyone else see that??) so maybe she's trying to do something different to get him a little luck!! he's been running so well this season so far and he's never won here so this could be his race. can't wait till sunday!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Arrow SunDay ~ > SUNDAY Rac'IN : ) NASCAR

Race Fox Network1:30 p.m. ET
Sunday

Complete broadcast schedule
NASCAR on SPEED TV schedule
Track Stats

TEXAS
Distance: 1.5 Mile Oval Banking/Turns 1-4:24º Banking in Straightaways: 5º Length/Frontstretch: 2,250 ft. Length/Backstretch:1,330 ft. Miles/Laps: 501 mi. = 334 laps

Member's Post your Top (3) Picks
Win/Place/Show
for TEXAS
below

Last edited by Space; 04-04-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

wiz's pics for texas
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Kyle Busch
3. Mark Martin

my first 2 seem to be the same every week! lol, i'm not sure though cuz its hard to pick because i think kyle has a good chance of winning, but i would really like to see Jeff end his winnless streak

Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Angry Super Mod `Josh : ( Fell `Off or Wife push him : )

Super Mod Wiz Kidd -`Josh -
Sorry 2 hear that U fell `off the high Deck that U R building
@ your Castle in Canada. Hope U heal fast 4-Sure.
Below is a Nurse with a shot.....bend over :p

Space Picks
1. Jeff Gordon
2. Carl Flip'in Edwards
3. Dale `Jr
Long Shots: Tony S....Jimmy `J

Should be a SuperRace...I will be listening on
MRN Radio....Gota `Work : (

Old 04-05-2009, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Hi `E,
Jeff G.,is sure overdue 2 Win again.
He has the talent/team/car/organization
Now he just needs Rac'in Luck 4-$ure!
I know it would make Super Mod Wiz Kidd & several members
very `happy.
p.s. Wish U Great/safe luck in the USMC
Wish U the best 4-Sure
Thanks a lot man. I know Imma need it, haha.

And who the **** is Max Papas?
He just singled handedly took a second off of Gordon's lead back to Johnson. These young punks need to go home cause they have no driving etiquette!

Old 04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Arrow ReSults Texas

Texas Motor Speedway Results

Got knocked `offline
Deleted infor : (

Member's Post what you thought of the RACE

Last edited by Space; 04-05-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:45 PM

YESSSSSSSS!

THE SLUMP IS OVER!!!

1st win at Texas and I got my wish.

Quick Reply: Update 4/3/09 NASCAR + Dale Jr : )~*