NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: 07 NASCAR CUP PREDICTIONS ?

i think its the same way for the hendrick fans last year with tony winning so many or leading so many laps.

the hendrick guys have the best cars so far this year...i admit i'm getting sick of seeing jimmy johnson win, but as long as gordon keeps being in the top 5 its going to be his year i think

i would really like to see gordon win the championship this year...he's the most consistently best driver this year so far

Old 05-08-2007, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i think its the same way for the hendrick fans last year with tony winning so many or leading so many laps.

the hendrick guys have the best cars so far this year...i admit i'm getting sick of seeing jimmy johnson win, but as long as gordon keeps being in the top 5 its going to be his year i think

i would really like to see gordon win the championship this year...he's the most consistently best driver this year so far
remember tony won 3 of his 5 races during the chase when he had nothing to lose. remember kansas where he ran the last 1/4 lap with no fuel? he coasted to that victory. that was something he would've never attempted had he been in the chase for the cup. but yeah i can see where folks might get a little bummed with him, or anyone (except jr) leading massive quantities of laps. of course it does not matter if you lead every lap if you don't lead the last one.
gordon is definitely the man this season & if he keeps going he's going to be tough to beat. i do like gordon (hell we share the same last name) & i would not have a problem with him winning the championship. i just hope hendrick doesn't win every freakin race the rest of the season.
Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Did anyone see the boring and predictable De La Hoya fight. Exactly! NASCAR is in the early stages of the Don King Boxing Days.

Mixed Marshal Arts is staged and ready to dethrone boxing.

NASCAR out to take note. God forbid that a new racing league takes over.

What ever happened to USAC or that other league that used to race the Indy 500. They got too big for themselves and the IRL took over.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member

yah its nice to see a variety when it comes to who wins..but when my 2 favorite drives are hendrick guys yah i'm happy...but it does even get annoying sometimes too...i'm happy with gordon keeping on getting top 5's, its better than last year with all his dnf's

stewart is an awesome driver..i think he's great, but when him and kaine won so many times last year it kind of got annoying...and thats the same way its going with johnson right now...johnson winning is getting annoying...

i'm very happy that gordon got his pit crew better this year...they must have practiced hard all winter..cuz they were terrible for the last couple years always being the slowest one out there..then he'd have to go out and make it up on the track..now they get him out close to the front or in the front and he can stay up there

Old 05-13-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Congratulation 2 Jeff Gordon for his 7th win @ Darlington 500[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Lucky Dude[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I was hop'in my kid Denny Hamlin would've won : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, how are U doing on your predictions.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center](Space got 7 of the top ten : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Mod Wiz is still danc'in : )[/align][align=center]His boy Jeff won again : ) [X(][/align]

Old 05-13-2007, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member

WAHHOOOOOO!!!

how'd you know space?? lol...man that was a good finish

WAY TO GO JEFF!!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:09 AM

[align=center]Some may not like him, but he sure has talent & has proven it.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Gordon remains hot, wins another race at Darlington
Gordon has won three of past four, HMS eight of nine
[/align][align=center]
By D-`Space : ), & The Associated Press
May 13, 2007
[/align]
DARLINGTON, S.C. -- As steam poured from his engine, Jeff Gordon figured his chance at victory had gone up in smoke.
Any other season, it would have. But in this year of near-perfection for Hendrick Motorsports, nothing ever goes wrong.

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Lap-by-Lap
Jeff Gordon stayed out as Jimmie Johnson pitted, and despite driving an overheating car, held the lead en route to the victory at Darlington. [/align][ul][*][align=center]Complete story, click here[/align][*][align=center]Race Video, click here[/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]And Denny Hamlin is pretty sick of it.
Gordon overcame an overheating engine -- he said with five laps to go there was no way he'd make it to the finish -- to race to his third victory of the season Sunday at Darlington Raceway. Hendrick has won four consecutive races, eight of nine overall, and remained perfect in the five Car of Tomorrow events.
"I can't believe that thing lasted," Gordon said of his motor, which had thick steam streaming out of it for the last hour of the race. "There's no way that thing should have ever made it."
When it did -- even though Gordon gambled and didn't make a final pit stop when most of the field did with 23 laps to go -- Gordon won for the third time in four races and maintained a 231-point lead on Jimmie Johnson in the Nextel Cup standings.
"That's the way you win races right there," said Gordon, a seven-time Darlington winner. "What an amazing year we're having."
One that Hamlin was a little bitter about after his second-place finish.
Hamlin, who led a race-high 179 laps, suffered when his crew dropped a pair of lug nuts on a late pit stop. It cost him a shot at running for the win, and he has finished second or third in four COT races.
It was extremely frustrating for Hamlin, who has led a series-high 563 laps in the five races the car has been used.
"We gave away another one to Hendrick Motorsports," Hamlin said. "It's a shame. This has got to end. We have to win a race sooner or later. Everybody will talk about how Hendrick won another race, but this was our race."
Hamlin was also critical of NASCAR for not calling a caution for obvious debris in the closing laps. Had the yellow flag waved, Hamlin was confident he would have beaten Gordon.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][b]"Somebody's entire fender and underbody was on the racetrack," Hamlin said. "I literally pump

Old 05-19-2007, 06:18 AM

[align=center]Fast pit stop sends Kenseth to All-Star Challenge pole
Edwards claims top starting position for Nextel Open
By Mike Cranston, The Associated Press
May 18, 2007

CONCORD, N.C. -- Matt Kenseth had no time to rest.
Kenseth rolled into his pit box and drove away 11.6 seconds later -- the quickest four-tire pit stop of qualifying -- to overtake Jimmie Johnson on Friday night and claim the pole for the Nextel All-Star Challenge.

[/align][align=center]I will tell you one thing, when they drop that jack on the right side and they have that thing on the left side, you better have that thing in gear and be ready," Kenseth said. "Because that left side is not up that long."
Kenseth completed three laps and the pit stop in 2 minutes, 1.40 seconds at Lowe's Motor Speedway for his second All-Star pole. Johnson, the defending race champion, was nearly 2 seconds slower and will start on the outside of row one Saturday night.
"Those guys definitely outperformed us," Johnson said.
Kurt Busch qualified third, followed by Kevin Harvick and Jeff Burton for Saturday's non-points race, which includes four 20-lap segments.
Kenseth's crew lost in the second round of Wednesday's Pit Crew Challenge, but was dominate Friday.
"Our stops are so smooth this year," said Kenseth, who won the All-Star race in 2004. "Pit road this year is probably better than it's ever been for us."
Kyle Busch qualified sixth, followed by Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin and Dale Earnhardt. Jr.
Qualifying, which started in twilight and ended in near darkness, gave teams that went out later on the cooler track an advantage. But the unique format placed great importance on the pit stop.
Eighteen drivers are already eligible for the All-Star race. The rest will compete in Saturday's preliminary Nextel Open, a 40-lap, two segment race whose winner and second-place cars will be transferred to Saturday's main race.
Carl Edwards won the pole for the Open with a speed of 187.487 mph in regular qualifying runs. David Ragan (186.284) will start second, followed by Dave Blaney, David Gilliland[b] and Juan Pablo Montoya.
Edwards said if he makes the All-Star race, he'll donate his winnings to charity -- even it's a portion of the $1 million first-place pr

Old 05-19-2007, 06:32 AM

[b]
[:-]Check Out [:-]
[/align]NASCAR Home TracksFind Tracks Near You
[/align][/align]In-Car AudioAll 43 Drivers in the Field
[/align][/align]NEXTEL BroadbandWeekly Video Features
[/align][/align]Desktop 365New NASCAR photos every day
[/align][/align]NASCAR AngelsHelping people and fixing cars
[/align][/align]Email AlertsBreaking NASCAR News
[/align][/align]Racer's Edge[URL=http://www.nascar.com/promos/redirects/pods/resplash.exclude.html]Dominate Your Fantas

Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member

like always i'm going to pick Jeff Gordon

Quick Reply: ~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~