NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Default RE: 07 NASCAR CUP PREDICTIONS ?

Oh I cant believe how much of an *** Tony was after he took himself and his teammate Denny out of contention for the race last night. He should be fired imo. I never liked the guy anyways.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

Oh I cant believe how much of an *** Tony was after he took himself and his teammate Denny out of contention for the race last night. He should be fired imo. I never liked the guy anyways.
[/align][align=center]`James, [:@][:@][:@]I listened 2 the Race on the MRN Radio, &[/align][align=center]I didn't see the replay until this morning, but it sure[/align][align=center]looked like Tony [:@]knocked Denny out : ([/align][align=center]I wonder `if NASCAR will do anything ?[/align][align=center]Maybe `Tony was just pizzed that Denny is ahead of him in points : )[/align][align=center]I think NASCAR should build a boxing ring for[/align][align=center]after the race driverconflicts [/align][align=center]Fans would pay extra to see : ) Who would win ? : )[/align][align=center]Peace Out[/align][align=center]until, next week : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
On lap 11, last week's winner Hamlin, became this week's first big loser. Hamlin, leading the race, was tapped from the rear by teammate Tony Stewart,[:@] turned sideways and slid back up the track into Stewart, ending both drivers’ hopes for victory on a hot, humid, Florida night. Dale Earnhardt Jr. was also damaged beyond competitive repair in this accident. [X(][/align]

Old 07-08-2007, 09:22 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center]

1. Jeff Gordon (Leader)
2. Denny Hamlin (-277)
3. Matt Kenseth (-383)
4. Jimmie Johnson (-407)
5. Jeff Burton (-428)
6. Carl Edwards (-465)
7. Tony Stewart (-539)
8. Kyle Busch (-583)
9. Kevin Harvick (-601)
10. Martin Truex Jr. (-616)

After Daytona
[ Full List ]
[
Race Results ]

Latest News

McMurray wins in 2nd closest finish
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2008
Kyle Busch takes Busch Series win
Busch race postponed from rain
Daytona Cup Qualifying
Daytona Busch Series Lineup
adidas inks Dale Jr. for 2008
Johnson nominated for 2 ESPY's
Giuliani to serve as Honorary Race Official
5 & 70 teams penalized
Cup Series Top 12 - And Beyond [/ul][/align]

Old 07-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i watched that replay over and over again and i saw that denny hamlin did slow up pretty big time, because there's no way a car would just fly up on another one that fast unless denny slowed up, i can see that with them being teamates it was really stupid, he could have let off, because it was so early in the race, but then he would have just been run over,

i can see why he's so pissed off though, when his own team mate slows down right in front of him when your going 190mph there's not too much time for reaction

Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 AM

I've watched it many times also and I just dont see what your seeing but I'm sure any Tony fan would see it his way no matter what happened. Even Tony stated that he noticed Denny was having problems getting into the corner for the 3 prior laps but yet he still rode Denny's bumper. Tony has no one to blame but himself. That goes for the othe 60% of the accidents he causes and blames others for also. He is beginning to equal Jeffy in the whiners championships.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 AM

[align=center][:@]I agree with `James....Tony knocked him out [:@][/align][align=center]Watch attached Vid & Post your Thoughts[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
Stewart’s Shot At A Pepsi 400 Three-peat Goes Up In Tire Smoke
[align=center][/align]
Jul 09, 2007
Event: Pepsi 400 (Round 18 of 36)
Series: NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series
Location: Daytona (Fla. ) International Speedway (2.5-mile oval)
Start/Finish: 6th/38th (Running, completed 125 of 160 laps)
Winner: Jamie McMurray of Roush Fenway Racing (Ford)
Tony Stewart came into Saturday night’s Pepsi 400 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Daytona (Fla. ) International Speedway with a chance to join legendary stock car racer David Pearson as the only drivers to win three straight 400-mile races at Daytona. But after a tangle on lap 14 with his Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) teammate Denny Hamlin, Stewart’s shot at a Pepsi 400 three-peat went up in tire smoke.

The driver of the No. 20 Home Depot Chevrolet was running behind Hamlin as the two paced the 43-car field early in the 160-lap race. Both JGR cars were strong, and both had a shot at the win. But after running 1-2 since lap nine, a slight wiggle from Hamlin’s No. 11 machine while coming off turn two on lap 14 allowed Stewart to close the gap on Hamlin significantly. Too much, in fact, as the nose of Stewart’s Chevrolet touched Hamlin’s rear bumper, teeing off a five-car accident that severely damaged all involved.
For Stewart and Hamlin, it meant a prolonged trip to the garage for repairs. Both drivers returned to the race, albeit many laps down. Stewart finished 38th, while Hamlin finished 43rd.
“I’m sure he (Hamlin) was getting tight because for three laps in a row we were catching him through the center and the exit of the corner, ” said Stewart.
“My car had a little bit of a wiggle there, but I think Tony was a little bit closer to me than what he expected, ” Hamlin added. “That’s racing. It’s what happens at this race track. ”
Neither driver was pleased with the outcome, but team owner Joe Gibbs – well-versed in the dynamic of team relationships thanks to his 16 years and counting tenure as head coach of the NFL’s Washington Redskins – summed up the situation.
“We’ve got two guys who are very competitive, running up front, and we’ve got real good cars, and this is something that can happen, ” Gibbs said. “It was one of those unfortunate things. Both guys were going as hard as they can and I think both of these guys are real competitive. They’re good teammates, but both guys are frustrated. It’s a shame because we had two good cars, but it’s a competitive sport. And when you’ve got good stuff and you’re up front like that, it can happen. I hate it, but it did. ”
The disappointing result dropped Stewart one spot in the championship point standings. The two-time Nextel Cup champion is now seventh in points, 539 behind series leader Jeff Gordon. Hamlin, meanwhile, remains the lead JGR driver in points. He maintained his second-place standing, but dropped to 277 points arrears Gordon.
Video Link to Watch Accidents
(watch video).
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/head...in.wreck/index.html

Old 07-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: LnLSS06

but I'm sure any Tony fan would see it his way no matter what happened.

i'm not even that big of a tony fan, yah i like him, but he's definetely not my favorite

he went from being 2 or 3 car lengths behind to nothing in a matter of a second so obviously hamlin was slowing a bit, maybe he was loose, but then why didn't he move up the track or just let tony by i dunno, its too early in the race to be doing stuff like that

Old 07-09-2007, 09:21 AM

Tony had the whole upper 3 lanes to go around Denny. Denny stayed at the bottom of the track and I'm sure this early in the race he wasnt mirror racing. Tony knew his closing rate and should have moved up a lane to pass.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM

The battle begins, until it ends.
It's all part of the Money Game.
I'm right...No, U R not
Members,
What do U think ?
Who was wrong ? Tony or Denny ?
Post `it : )

Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM

I am a fan of both the drivers
As far as Denny was slowing down, its possible, however its also up to Tony not to run over him,
I think Tony was wrong about saying what he said. That should have been kept between team mates only not for us to hear.
I think Denny took thehit very well by not firing by at Tony.

I think its more of a racing deal then anything.....
But lately Tony opens mouth before engaging brian......

Quick Reply: ~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~