NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Default RE: 07 NASCAR CUP PREDICTIONS ?

I think Tony's right on the money with the debris cautions. If they were in the normal driving lanes fine, but some really aren't and were just their for a caution to call.

As far as the COT, I think it sucks too. NASCAR started as souped up stock cars, bumped to not so stock but resembled, moved to more of a "you can sorta tell what the cars make is" to a Honda Civic.

I'm not sure that was such a good idea.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think the whole debris thing though...even if its out in lanes that aren't used, sometimes the car's go up there...maybe they're pushed up there or they lose control..and if tony was to go up there and hit that debris and it dameged his car and his chances @ winning he would have been singing a different tune, he would have been saying it was very unresponsible for them not to call the caution...

i do get where he's coming from though with waving the cautions and its unfair, but i think he would have been caught either way...he just wasn't the faster car...guess we'll never know though

Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Members, how's your predictions going for 07 ?[/align]

[hr]

Driver Rankings
RANK
DRIVER Updated: Apr18. 2007

Jeff Gordon
The points’ leader has always been great on the short, flat courses and nearly won at the sister track of Martinsville Speedway earlier this month.

2. Jeff Burton
Burton owns two career Phoenix victories and, since 1998, he has only missed the top 10 there on three occasions.
3. Jimmie Johnson
Johnson already owns a Car of Tomorrow win on a short, flat track, now he will look to add to that total on a track where he was second in November.
4. Mark Martin
Martin has not missed the top 10 in any of his starts in 2007. He led several laps in both Phoenix races last year and has never finished outside the top 20 there.
5. Kevin Harvick
There were none better on the short, flat tracks in 2006 than Harvick. He was particularly good at Phoenix and swept both events.
6. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Phoenix is a rhythm track and Earnhardt has not been able to find the magic there since he had two wins and four consecutive top-fives from 2002 to 2005.
7. Tony Stewart “Smoke” has been hit or miss at Phoenix, though he did win there in his rookie year of 2000 and was second there in last year’s Subway Fresh 500.
8. Denny Hamlin
Joe Gibbs Racing has their COT program down pat, and Hamlin had a top-10 at Martinsville already this season and was third at Phoenix in November.
9. Kyle Busch
He had bad luck in Phoenix last year, though Busch managed to get his second career win there in the fall of his rookie year of 2005.
10. Carl Edwards
Edwards has four straight top-10s at Phoenix and the last two were top-fives.
11. Matt Kenseth
Kenseth was not as good in the first two COT races as one would have expected, but he cannot be counted out on any track.
12. Jamie McMurray
McMurray has finally found his groove with his new team, racking up three consecutive top-10s, including a strong run at Martinsville.
Greg Biffle
Biffle led the most laps in Phoenix last spring before a pit road accident took him out of contention.
14. Clint Bowyer
Bowyer was not so great on the other short, flat tracks last year, but he did manage a fifth in the 2006 Subway Fresh 500.
Kurt Busch
Busch failed to notch a top-10 in the first two COT races and has just one top-10 this season.
16. Kasey Kahne
Evernham Motorsports fielded strong cars in the first COT races, even if the finishes weren’t there. Kahne swept the top 10 in Phoenix last year.
17. Juan Montoya
Montoya has the experience of a 16th-place run at Martinsville to help him adjust to Phoenix. Keep an eye on him during practice.
18. Brian Vickers
When Vickers makes the race and his equipment holds, he notches Toyota’s best finishes. For his Phoenix career, he has only once finished outside the top 20.
19. David Stremme
Stremme finally cracked the top 10 last week at Texas Motor Speedway. Now he goes back to where he started his seven-race top 20 streak last year.
20. Martin Truex Jr.
Truex struggled mightily in the COT at Bristol and Martinsville, though he rebounded for a top-10 at Texas. He also finished 12th at Phoenix in November.
21. Ryan Newman
Newman has the talent to finish in the top 10 this weekend, but his cars have not been up to snuff in quite a while.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 AM

[align=center][:@]Tony Says:[/align][align=center]I'm gona retire & become a Wrestler [:-][/align][align=center][:-]Click pic 2 Make me BIG[:-][/align]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/EF70729974B4411C98D7B0C2422BFBE5.gif[/IMG]
I should be Number #1, I'm the best driver on the track...
I'm Rich/Powerful/Great : )

Old 04-29-2007, 08:59 PM

[align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align][align=center]Congratulations to Jeff Gordon & Chevrolet Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]I hoped, it would have been Denny Hamlin : ) [X(][/align][align=center]Jeff Gordon is asuper talented driver,& has a super team/car/owner.[/align][align=center]Plus,[/align][align=center]he has more of this, thenany other driver, and that is[/align][align=center]RAC'IN-LUCK[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Race Gods have blessed him.[/align][align=center]`amen[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]__________________________________________________ ___________________-[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]TALLADEGA, Ala. -- As beer cans bounced around his car, Jeff Gordon crossed the finish line Sunday for win No. 77 -- breaking a tie with the late Dale Earnhardt on NASCAR's career victory list.[/align][align=center]It was only fitting that it happened at Talladega Superspeedway, where Earnhardt -- who would have been 56 on Sunday -- won 10 times in his Cup career.[/align][align=center]But it was anticlimactic and confusing, ending under caution to leave Gordon unsure if he'd actually won and taken over sixth place on the wins list.[/align][align=center]"Is it over?" he radioed his crew. "Is it over? Is it official?"[/align][align=center]Nobody knew after two separate accidents on the first lap of a three-lap shootout to the finish froze the field and had NASCAR scrambling to make sense of the finish.[/align][align=center]Gordon, who was 14th on a restart with 10 laps to go, stormed to the lead a second before NASCAR called a caution after David Reutimann's engine failed and dumped oil all over the track.[/align][align=center]It set up a three-lap sprint to the finish, but NASCAR makes only one attempt to complete it. If caution comes out, the race instantly ends. So when Elliott Sadler bumped the back of Greg Biffle to trigger a wreck, the race was effectively over.[/align][align=center]But Tony Stewart was knocked into the wall far ahead of that accident and went spinning down the track into the inside wall. He was fuming as the field passed by him under caution, angrily gesturing at Jamie McMurray.[/align][align=center]The fans, meanwhile, figured out that Gordon, who tied Earnhardt last week in Phoenix, was the victor and reacted with the shower of beer cans.[/align][align=center]
[IMG]http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/2007/news/headl

Old 04-29-2007, 10:57 PM

another win lol
without luck hes just good lol

and look at the fans giving him free drinks now that was kool

i just want to say this one more time .....HENDRICK YEAR.....

Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

WAHHOOOOOO!! ANOTHER WIN FOR JEFF

my predictions could be pretty good this year lol

Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

To bad I missed the checkered flag! YAWN!!! I fell asleep with 11 laps left. I had 2 Rock Stars and 1 Red Bull and I still couldn't stay awake for a whole restrictor plate race. Maybe its just me. [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 PM

I took Space's advice from a previous postand set up a portable TV in my garage and waxed the SS while watching the race.I didn't mind the commercials and cautions nearly as much.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1967/E5C7BF26D28C42DCB47A5A43F57880BB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2007, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

I took Space's advice from a previous postand set up a portable TV in my garage and waxed the SS while watching the race.I didn't mind the commercials and cautions nearly as much.
[IMG]local://upfiles/1967/E5C7BF26D28C42DCB47A5A43F57880BB.jpg[/IMG]
Hi David, be very careful about tak'in advice from `Space
That's 4 $ure, he doesn't even listen to himself
[sm=happybounce.gif]
Oh David, your Monte looks awesome....You Win : )

Quick Reply: ~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~