Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!

Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Jerry,
Thanks for your post + pictures.
Your Monte & you are Winner's and deserving of the honor as a WINNER

p.s. I love all your `rides + your toys

Old 12-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Jerry,
Thanks for your post + pictures.
Your Monte & you are Winner's and deserving of the honor as a WINNER

p.s. I love all your `rides + your toys

Thank's Space..

Old 12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Heck ya my Monte is a winner!
Name:  20141127_105546_zps3d692404.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  82.0 KB
Name:  20141127_105525_zpsbb022422.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  65.0 KB

Old 12-09-2014, 04:52 AM
Thumbs up >Another Winner > Check our MOTM Threads <

Heck `Yes > `Amy, You are a Winner
There's not enough space on the MCF to post all your wins

Old 12-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Winner?????????????

Is your Car a winner?
Interesting subject!
I noticed in several of the posts that there is never a 5th Generation Monte Carlo posted, the 5th Generation Monte might be like the Step Child of all Monte’s . I enjoy the one that I own I have owned 4 of the Monte Carlos so far. 71, 85, 96, my current 1999. I think everyone has been a fun ride. The 71 I only had for a short time someone asked to buy it, it was new and I sold it for more than I paid for it.
I almost bought an 04 SS last year, but I could feel something wrong as I test drove it, with the Transmission shifting, it was really a low miles car too.
So is my Monte Carlo worthy of being a winner well it is to me, I enjoy the way it looks, the Ground effects and the wheels have made a complete new look for the car. The Paint is Chipped and it has door dings in it. The fun thing is when I am out on the Interstate and I will get folks who pull up next to me and drive alongside for miles taking pictures gawking, sometimes I am unable to shake them. It is probably the Dale Earnhardt Graphic in the window and the Taz on my rear quarter trying to chew up the tire. If I pull off at a rest area is time for a Kodak moment.
Do I want aftermarket wheels? No. I do intend to finish the interior when I can get some time at home for awhile. When you are a Platinum member with 3 different Hotels you are gone a lot. I have won a bunch of Trophies for all kinds of things. Archery, Rifle shooting, Scale Model building, Furniture building/restoration. Won a shooting award in the US Army, closest to perfect score in qualifying, I think it was, I won something for Christmas Decorations one time. I got some Real Old Trophies for racing. A few things that I was a consistent winner at they actually let me enter but then didn’t let me win they call that (black balled I think). But the most fun is when you can see your children win.
My son became an Eagle Scout that was a top of the line event for me. He also got a trophy for Archery shooting, and rifle shooting. Dad was the instructor not the judge, so that made it all the more special.
This summer I went to several Car shows and noticed at a few the fellows who won most of the time had new Cars Like (Callaway Chevy’s, Roush Mustangs, one guy owns about 10 classic cars and he brings them all to the shows. Kind of hogs things up. I avoid entering these things cause of the competition that I couldn’t compete with, they all have an entry fee, for trophies and this way I can avoid the disappointment. Don’t get me wrong I would love to have a ride to enter, but not sure what I would want to have. Think a Corvette or Camaro maybe. Any way looks like a nice subject and there are so many great rides on this Forum.
I have been having trouble lately trying to make a post, when you stay in a Hotel sometimes it kicks me out and I can't make it work. So I will put photo's up later.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member

I noticed in several of the posts that there is never a 5th Generation Monte Carlo posted, the 5th Generation Monte might be like the Step Child of all Monte’s .

So is my Monte Carlo worthy of being a winner well it is to me, I enjoy the way it looks, the Ground effects and the wheels have made a complete new look for the car. The Paint is Chipped and it has door dings in it.The fun thing is when I am out on the Interstate and I will get folks who pull up next to me and drive alongside for miles taking pictures gawking, sometimes I am unable to shake them. It is probably the Dale Earnhardt Graphic in the window and the Taz on my rear quarter trying to chew up the tire. If I pull off at a rest area is time for a Kodak moment.

Attached Thumbnails Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-99ongrass-1b.jpg   Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-dscf84921a.jpg   Is your Monte Carlo a Winner ?-99ongrass-1a.jpg  
Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 AM

Hi (look alike Dale Sr)
We need 5th Generation Owners like you to post their pictures
of their Monte Carlo's online so that we can see them.

We don't ignore the 5th Gen Monte's...We have several
5th Gen MOTM Winner's.

Thanks for your post & sharing

Old 12-13-2014, 07:53 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Hi (look alike Dale Sr)
We need 5th Generation Owners like you to post their pictures
of their Monte Carlo's online so that we can see them.

We don't ignore the 5th Gen Monte's...We have several
5th Gen MOTM Winner's.

Thanks for your post & sharing
I read some of the posts from other 5th Gen owners and they appear to feel like we are all in the same boat. Maybe I have misinterpreted it.
I recall the post that was <<?>> and there were photo's of all kinds of Montes in there but no 5th gens.
Maybe the 5th Gen owners are sitting on the latest trend in classic cars, and they don't want anyone to know where they are because they have no reached that Classic Car threshold, and Barrett Jackson and Mecum will be selling them for that 6 figure $
It's all Kool I enjoy it, and I really enjoy the dedication that you are putting into this forum, I learn stuff all the time.
One thing about the (look alike deal I have never done anything to make myself look like the real Dale Sr. I about Sh*t when I met the guy in the late 80's, It was like looking in a Mirror, in the 3 days we shared a locations he gave me as much crap as he could. His classic question to me was " you don't have a clue who I am, do you" nah, I said just some bozo who looks like me. He just cracked up! Seriously I didn't follow nascar in the late 80's.
THE FORUM is Like AIRWOLF the Helicopter and you are Stringfellow Hawk! Keep up the great work.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:54 AM

Hi `Dale,
What matter's most is what you & the owner's of 5th Generation
think about their Monte Carlo's.
Every Monte is `Special to the owner/driver.
EnJoy yours 4-Sure

I'm just glad that we have so many choices of Chevy Monte Carlo's + auto's.
There's a special vehicle for anyone that can afford what
they need/want & desire.

Freedom to `be - Freedom to choose
Your Choice

Last edited by Space; 12-13-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:41 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I think both of my Monte's are winners because they are mine!!! Awards or not...I love my Montes!!