General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

- Why do you think your Monte Carlo is a Winner ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question - Why do you think your Monte Carlo is a Winner ?

Hi Member's,
Why do you think your Monte Carlo is a Winner ?
==============
Why did you buy yours ?

Why are you keeping `it ?
Do you want to see GM create/produce a
New Updated Monte Carlo ?

Sound `Off

Please post/share your reasons ?
Pictures are a plus +
Thank You!
========

Last edited by Space; 05-22-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Nice pic. space!!!

I think every monte is a winner, doesnt matter how old or beat up or rusted or perfect it is, everytime i see a monte, i have to stare at it! they are lovely cars for sure!
everyones monte on here deserves to be called a winner, each one is unique in its own way.
This isnt the little school everyone wins speech, its just to great a car to pick one reason why each one is a winner. but ill give mine a go.
I think mines nice enough to be in the winners group as well, i sure do baby her like shes a winner! i get plenty of compliments and people wanting to check her out. i try to keep her 'mint' so i can keep her a long long time!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know what classifies a Monte as a "Winner". I love all Montes, all years. My Lil Deuce Coupe brings me pleasure when I drive her. She is hassle free and at six years old can still turn heads wherever she goes and generate positive comments from car geeks and non car geeks alike. If that means being a "Winner" I guess the Deuce is a "Winner".

I guess a winner ride is what ever brings the owner satisfaction, and a certian pride to drive.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Why did you buy yours? Originally as a nice, comfortable, reasonably powerful car to be in the waiting to replace my Grand Am when it finally reached the end of the road (what little did I know at 150K on the Grand Am I can keep her running along today at about 220+).

Why are you keeping `it? I like it. Out of any car I've ever owned, I never owned one as new as my Monte was when I bought it. It's comfortable, sporty, fairly easy to work on AND modify. After driving it for a while, I know it's not RWD, I know it's not a v8, but it shares comfort feels and qualities I've missed since my '84 Z28 became a "restore" project. Those qualities make ME feel GOOD when I drive the car and over time, I have only customized the Monte to make it far better then it ever was out of the factory.

Do you want to see GM create/produce a New Updated Monte Carlo? I'm on the fence. My favorite generations for Montes was the 4th and 6th gens. I think those cars all had great qualities in them and for GM to bring a name plate like Monte Carlo back, it could be really good and well thought out OR it could be a dud and head in the wrong direction. So I am leary and almost feel it's best they don't bring it back so the heritage of the car stays in tact with it's fans and not be tarnished by damaging it's linage. Example, I loved the last run of GTO's, but I am far from a true GTO enthusiast. When GM brought the name plate back (which was a re-badged Holden car), as I understand from the purists, this was the first factory GTO to not have factory hood scoops and it upset the people that were truly in love with the brand.
Part of me would LOVE to see an updated Chevelle, but again, I return to the earlier statement of concern for it being a failure and disappointment to the name plate.

What makes my Monte a winner? Basically, the fact I enjoy it. I love the way it looks, it sounds it feels, it performs. I love that so much of MY Monte (like others on this forum) has my hands into custom mods. For goodness sake, I took metal in the eye for the car while customizing a throttle body (moral of that story WEAR SAFETY GLASSES). But can I say 1 or 2 things that make my Monte a winner that makes sense to everyone else, no. The best I can give you, mine stands out in a crowd (or in my own mind) and it's the first car I've owned that makes me feel almost as good as I did driving my '84 Camaro (but it will never be able to replace the Camaro).

Last edited by The_Maniac; 05-22-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I get compliments on the street from random strangers at least once a week on how good it looks and it makes me feel great every time. Also I see people turning the heads to look as I go by.

On the subject of GM resurrecting the Monte Carlo I say go for it if they stay true to the roots. When Gm designed a recent year of the corvette(i think 2006) they took into consideration all the previous years features that made some of the vettes the legendary cars they are. So if GM hit all the great features monte's had I'll buy it.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM

Because its just so fresh n so clean

Old 05-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Mine is a winner because of the fact it is a Monte. Honestly, once in a while I drive it really hard when I get a fire call and have to respond to the firehouse. It drives like it was almost meant for that haha. It also looks really good with the flashing lights :P It has gotten so many compliments from family and friends. It has never had any major issues and has been so reliable. I'm keeping her till she dies.