Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Weird problems with front end (Vibrations)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Weird problems with front end (Vibrations)

Hey all, just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix this vibration problem that I have. It seems to be coming from the right front side of the car. We've already replaced the struts on both sides and the outter tie rods before this started happening, so these shouldn't be the problem. We've also recently had the codes read to diagnose the ABS/Trac off lights and it pointed us to the RF side. I know that's in the wheel hub, but I'm wondering if it could also be causing the vibration that I'm feeling. It is kinda intermittent...happens mainly on acceleration, and it'll vibrate really fast, then stop, then do it again, then stop. I can't really describe the sound it makes though. I also had a friend drive it last night to help me figure it out. He said he could hear clicking from both sides as we started to move (in a straight line) and said that it sounds like bad CVs. He also said that since the car has around 184k miles on it and never had new CVs, it could really use some. I'm just kind of lost as to what to do, considering I don't have the money to just guess at what the problem is. Thanks in advance for your help

P.S. Sorry if this is kind of confusing :x I'm not the best at wording things sometimes.
~Chris

Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Check your rubber boots on your CV axles. If the boot is blown then they will need to be replaced. If you get a clicking noise while turning, I would also say a CV axle problem. Also check your wheel bearings. They are sealed units, and with that many miles, you may need a new one or two.