Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Sub Vibrations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Default Sub Vibrations?

Hey guys and gals i just got my 2 12' subs put in today and let me tell you there pounding. Well the thing isd a think a little to hard. Because of the vibrations my rear view mirror continues to vibrate its self pointing downward so i can't see out of the back. Does any1 know of a quick fix other then getting rid of the subs obviouslt lol?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Sub Vibrations?

an easy fix is to point the mirror on an angle so part of it is touching the roof...i had to do this in my old car cuz i vibrated the mirror right off the window....the only problem is your only using about 2" of the mirror for looking out the window...

other than that you can try to wedge something in behind where it meets the glass if there's room...

Old 04-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Might be a liitle expensive to try but a new mirror that has not been moved alot might be stronger. I have 3 12's in mine and the mirror vibrates but does not move from where it is set. Might or might not work but it is an idea.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member

does the 06-07 have a different mirror?? it could be the glue is getting weak too...

Old 04-12-2007, 05:46 PM

well its not that the mirror is falling from the windsheild its just the way you move it so you can see it, it keeps tilting down because of the vibrations, i guess im going to have to look behind it when it gets nice and figure a way to get it to stay.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member

for now just turn the mirror sideways and it will stay...like up and down length wise...so part of it is touching the roof...it will keep it from vibrating...

Old 04-12-2007, 06:03 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Viper[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When that happened to my Honda I did this :[/align][align=center]1. Got matching Black Tape[/align][align=center]2. Cut off about 1 ft section[/align][align=center]3. Wrapped it tight as hell around[/align][align=center]the back ball on the back of [/align][align=center]the mirror.[/align][align=center]4. It lasted for over a year...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]5. or look 2 C if there's a screw on yours.[/align][align=center]6. Buy a new one : ([/align][align=center]7. Just say Freak it & go have a beer : )[/align][align=center]8. Good Luck : )[/align][align=center]Wish I could hear your system.[/align][align=center]Peace Out[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

[hr]

[/align]
[align=center]Oh, One of my Bud's just said he used Elmer's Glue, but it freeze's it [/align][align=center]in the location U glue it. Not Lock Glue...Elmer's School Supply Glue.[/align][align=center]Oh, don't sniff `it : ) It's dangerous : ) I think some of my friends have,[/align][align=center]by the way they act : )[/align][align=center]He said you can still break the bead with a little force, if someone else[/align][align=center]ever changes it... Gooooood Luck, `Space & Friends : )[/align]

Old 04-12-2007, 09:48 PM

what i did with mine was i took it off and put a small amount of silicon around where it rotates so it'll still move but it takes quite a bit to get it to do so

Old 04-12-2007, 11:14 PM

SCC has the right Idea. If you have any mechanic friends see if they have any loctite (thread locking compound) I reccommend this stuff almostdaily when talking to customers about their Harleys. Low strength should be more than enough, because it'seasy to break the bond, but resists movement from vibration. Most motorcycle mirrors actually have it where you can adjust the amount of tension on the ball, so that you can basically lock it in place once they're in the right position. You might want to see if there's anything in the back of the mirror that you can tighten to make it harder to move.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:09 PM

I have two 12's in mine and i must be lucky cuz my miorro dont move and as faras vibe. it will pop my sunroof open as a vent if i turn it up adn have the windows shut on it.

but you can also take some silicone or you can do liek we used to do Get the mioor where ya want it to be. then take it off the car real easiky makeing sure you dont move it at all.
Then you take soem supper glue and glue it in place.

Also we would melt some candel wax in to teh back of the mioor and if you can get enough in there and it will harded up taking up the slack on the ball mount in there then you can adjust it once or twice before it will be needed to do it again.

Personally i like havign a miror on my cars and also one that i can function. So i would do the silicone first and see if it works for ya.

Good luck and enjoy the 12's

Quick Reply: Sub Vibrations?