Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

turn signals buzz, intermittant no start -FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Default turn signals buzz, intermittant no start -FIXED

i have a 2000 monte ls. i was having frustrating issues with the turn signals not working, but causing the hazard flaser to buzz. also most of the dash warning lights would come on intermittently. i also had intermittent no start condition. i changed the hazard flasher with no results. i changed the multi-function switch with no results. i changed the key cylinder with no results. i chased all the commonly known BCM harness issues. i finally tried another key cylinder, but with no results again. BUT while i had the ignition switch assembly out of the dash i noticed i could start the car by holding in on the 2 harness clips on the back of the ignition switch assy. yep that was it. loose connection. i took a pair of needle nose and gave the male terminals on the ignition switch a slight twist so they would make better contact with the harness connector. a slight twist is all it takes. the harness connectors were slighly hard to push back into place. so far, so good. all is well... hopefully this will keep someone from buying the hi dollar key assy or the hi dollar BCM ( with dealer programming ) or wasting a lot of time on other items befor trying the reasonably easy and FREE fix.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:05 AM

Thanks Ill try that!