Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): transmission problem..

Old 11-12-2014, 11:08 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation transmission problem..

hello M.C forum... I have an issue .. today the miss drove our 2006 monte carlo lt.3.5lt... while at a stop light with trans in D the car wouldn't move.. she had to put in 1st and then 2nd and then 3rd to get our car down the road.. but while at highway speed she put in D .. trans didn't shift .. was like it was in neutral and while at the next stop light she would have to do all over again to get down the road... at first I thought it was in limp mode and was thinking maybe a bad fuse which checked out ..planning to check wiring to see if maybe that was a problem haven't got to yet .. running out of daylight was an issue .. was hoping somebody might have had the same run in with this kind of trans problem.. I check fluid lvls and theres no mils on dash .. but I did scan anyways with a innova scanner didn't get anything ..also has reverse .. has all gears just no drive.. any info would be awesome...

Old 11-13-2014, 08:27 PM

ok day 2.. got a floor jack under the car today.. check for any bad wires or if maybe the pan was dented in a way to damage the filter.. all good there.. it dawned on me to try running the car in drive with wheels up ... which the wheels turned I even got brave and applied more gas and got up to 60 ,, just before that it shifted ..so I lowered back down and tried to apply gas then and still nothing ..I checked lvls just to make sure .. I found it was low..??? found that odd I checked yesterday and was fine , car was warmed up and car was leveled both times when I checked while running.. going to add more have to make a trip to the parts store right now ,, will post after to tell if that help and if that was it.. crossing my fingers.. thinking for some odd reason trans lvl was reading ok when really it was low..

Last edited by monte$$$01; 11-13-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:33 PM

just finished up for tonight .. added a qt of trans fluid ..still the samething ..is full now for sure now,, ive come to think that maybe the forward sprag maybe bad..?? not sure .. still stabbing this trans..