Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

trac light and abs problem, already installed new hubs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by vikesfan
thanks for the info nightmagic.

the ground under the airbox has been redone when the top swap was done, so i know that is good. i will double check the wires and the connections this weekend when its almost 60*, finally. i am also planning on putting on new pads this weekend my parts shipment shows up on friday.

i am just hoping its not the abs pump or rear hubs. though the rear hubs wouldnt be surprising if they were shot. the fronts had never been replaced and had over 220k.
no problem. thats amazing you got the mileage out of them u did..ive only managed to get just under 150k and my sister in law only got about the same from her impala, my cousin has an impala as well and hes replaced his 2x already. and i think i forgot to mention that the hub currently with no wire in it setting all my lights off...is a back hub. every wheel has sensored hubs all linked to the abs/traction system for the use of low tire pressure, and for you to keep an eye out on all wheels not just front. i hope you have some luck, i didnt until after we swapped my engine and found a bad ground wire(near the starter). the ground wire that is next to the abs pump, when that was making bad ground on mine, my pump would automatically turn on after i went above 30mph....it was very annoying and i had to disconnect the harness connector to get it to shut off until i was able to get the wire fixed.
and i also want to let you know that a bad ground will also make the pcm not read correctly as well. i had mine tested and the only thing it kept on bringing up was a bad abs pump...which is odd. and a very expensive part. so even if you have it scanned you could be misled. good luck!