General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

All new hubs, still no abs or trac

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default All new hubs, still no abs or trac

Replaced my front hubs last night, did the backs late august. All 4 brand new timkens from rockauto. Traction control and ABS stopped working years ago but it was never really a big issue to me, and it still isn't. Now I'm just curious, I had it scanned years ago and it was the front right hub causing the problem, harness was torn from road debris, rewired it then. It still didnt work so i assumed the wheel speed sensor got messed up. Double checked that wiring last night its correct and intact.

Havent gotten it scanned again yet but just checking here to see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions

Old 10-27-2013, 10:38 AM

It is for this reason I dumped my abs... our abs's aren't all that great in the first place. (Just my opinion)

I use an '05 Impala non-abs master cylinder... if u do, u will need to unplug and remove the abs module.

no issues at all!

Old 10-27-2013, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member

Over the years I've gotten used to the lights and driving without the abs or trac so i dont feel the need to remove the system. I just find it odd that after replacing all 4 hubs it's still not working. Gonna clean the ground under the airbox later today, if that doesnt fix it I'll probably just leave it be unless theres another easy solution.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check your harnesses all around. If all you are getting is ABS/Traction off, I doubt your new hubs and speed sensors are bad. Also have your tire balance checked. Anything that will cause a vibration at the wheels will cause the speed and traction sensor to go off. That means from the wheel all the way into your trans or a wiring problem. It's a lot to check.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member

passenger side axle is causing some serious vibration under acceleration, thats def gettin replaced soon, and hopefully it solves this issue

Old 10-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Overdose666
passenger side axle is causing some serious vibration under acceleration, thats def gettin replaced soon, and hopefully it solves this issue
My passenger side axle did the same thing. From about 20 MPH and up it would Vibrate. And between30 and 40 mMPH it felt like a washing machine on spin with a badly unbalanced load. At times it would feel like the tire was gonna come right off the car.
One of the bearings on the inner CV joint had come apart. I know that cause when I went time change it, the axle came out easy and left the cup with the splines in the transmission. I had time buy a 4' crowbar to get it out.
But it's all good now. The new axle make it feel like I'm riding on a Monte Carlo Cloud.
Hope you don't have as much trouble with yours as I had with mine. If you have any questions pm me and I will be happy to help. I just did mine last Saturday So it's fresh in my mind!
Good luck, Safe Driving!