Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Replaced Battery, now nothing turns on

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
yep, times seem to be changing, but we do have the regulars going at it all the time and still carrying the forum along with their attendance to shows yearly.

They know who they are, Keane, Devin, Matt, newly acquired Barb (1+yr), Tadd, Mel, Devin's GF, John(turbo) and his wife(caddy cts) Amy, You (Zippy) and I know I'm forgetting a few++ but I'm just not in a situation for me to attend most shows. No big wheels here, just a DD that's falling out of respect for all the members who do take pride in their Montes! Greg, you're the man, going from Utah to PA for a show, that's badazz my friend. Thanks....enough said.
The Russians George, you forgot to mention the Russians... (Patton)

Thanks again, you the man yourself in your own right!!

Old 08-26-2015, 10:45 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Everyone please take your issues with anyone else to PM's or notify one of the Administrators or Mods and we will try to resolve any issues.
We want to make the forum a positive experience for our members and guests who come here for information, help, or just to hang out.
Please leave your negativity towards others at the sign in page!!
Thanks

Last edited by P343; 08-26-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
The Russians George, you forgot to mention the Russians... (Patton)

Thanks again, you the man yourself in your own right!!
That was a great movie (Patton) not sure if I would have been able to keep up with him. My wife often tells me that her uncle was a driver for Patton during WWII. I only met the guy once and never got a chance to ask him about that, so it is unconfirmed.

Yep, Car repairs can be a huge challenge, In 1976 I purchased a brand new Vega GT wagon, Hugger Orange, every option you could get and it had a 5 year 50K warranty to go with it. This car was junk from the day I got it home. In the Winter it wouldn't start, the wife would take the battery out of it at work and carry it inside and let it sit until she left to come home.
The Chevy garage seen it more than I did.
You would think that after I had worked on all the Muscle Cars, early Chevys, Race Cars, and lawn mowers I would be able to figure this thing out. (These were the days of try this and try that).
I considered trying to blow the engine, a thing that was common back in the Muscle car day if you had a dog, I had friends that blew there Chevelle motors just to get a new engine.

Finally traded it for a 1977 Camaro RS, that was a wise decision.

I could fill a book with episodes of mechanics creating havoc for the cars I owned just because they missed something.
Putting a Carburetor back together wrong, forgetting a step on brake replacement, exhaust systems, and the Quick Lube place that over filled the Brake Fluid and cause the system to go bad. That's why today if I take the thing in I go over the steps with the Technician and the Garage to make sure they know I am watching and they are responsible for the goof ups. I tell them a few of these nightmares too.
When you get the Deer in the headlights look from them you know it could be a problem.
Auto repairs are so expensive today. Recently I got a Quote to do the Intake Manifold Gasket from the Chevy Garage over $1500.00 my local Garage that has done work for me since my 1985 Monte had an issue in 1992, The priced it about $575.00 it ended up being $610.00 with tax and an oil change. Now it is fixed, with me being gone so much the Old lady needs a reliable Car.
I refuse to let her drive the Monte.
She has 2 SUV's,

Good to see we can all give an opinion and sometimes they may be worth checking out, cause there was an actual experience there. That may be a good Thread to start repair experiences that went awry?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:26 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
That may be a good Thread to start repair experiences that went awry?
That thread could very well overload the servers even at Microsoft!!! LOL

Old 08-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[QUOTE=drivernumber3;671319]That was a great movie (Patton) not sure if I would have been able to keep up with him. My wife often tells me that her uncle was a driver for Patton during WWII. I only met the guy once and never got a chance to ask him about that, so it is unconfirmed.

Too bad we did not better understand who the particular veterans we met or spoke with back then. Bet so many combat experiences would have been quite interesting had we only known our future would too involve the military. My step mom's father who I met a dozen or so times fought under Patton and he told me everyone thought he was an SOB, lol, much like in the movie when the British officer said I don't think your men like you and he replies I don't want them to like me, I want them to fight for me. Guess there was truth to that more than most civilians knew.

Auto repairs are so expensive today. Recently I got a Quote to do the Intake Manifold Gasket from the Chevy Garage over $1500.00 my local Garage that has done work for me since my 1985 Monte had an issue in 1992, The priced it about $575.00 it ended up being $610.00 with tax and an oil change. Now it is fixed, with me being gone so much the Old lady needs a reliable Car.
I refuse to let her drive the Monte.
She has 2 SUV's,

I agree with you seems like everything tends to be a bit much. You ever notice how an oil change and lube were say $25 and now most cars have the "lube for life" bearings hence they do not lube the newer cars anymore, but the $25 is still charged for half the work... And most times the younger men who work at these places for a few months they don't even know where all the zert fittings are on the older vehicles now. Have to more than once have the truck pulled back into the bay as they tend to miss the carrier bearing on the 2 piece drive shaft of the long bed extended cab trucks.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 08-29-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:29 PM

I,m a beginner on your site and with my 05 Monte. So go ahead laugh just don't share your laugh with me. I seek simple knowledge. Once I unhook the battery cables (in the proper sequence) will that shut down all, some or none of the computer modules?
thanks douglas old boy

Old 08-12-2018, 06:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by douglas
I,m a beginner on your site and with my 05 Monte. So go ahead laugh just don't share your laugh with me. I seek simple knowledge. Once I unhook the battery cables (in the proper sequence) will that shut down all, some or none of the computer modules?
thanks douglas old boy
Yes everything is dead when you remove and disconnect the battery. You will need to reset your clock when you hook it back up.