Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Replaced Battery, now nothing turns on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Default Replaced Battery, now nothing turns on!!!

Hi Everyone:

I have a 2005 Monte Carlo SS. Yesterday the car would turn on and not start, I got a jump, the car stayed on, and I was able to get it home. When I turned the car off and tried to turn it back on, it would not crank over, but dash and dome lights would come on. I locked the car and had the alarm on, and left it for this morning.

Someone took my keyless entry to work, so I used my spare key to open the door, open the hood, and take the battery out. Went to Autozone, battery was not taking a charge, so I got a new one and it tested fine at the shop. I brought it home, installed it, went inside to turn the key on, and NOTHING comes on. No dome, no power doors or windows, no dash, nothing!

Battery is installed correctly(I double checked), is it possible that when I disconnected the battery with the alarm on I disabled something. Hoping that when my keyles gets returned tonight it will fire right up, but figured I would check with the forum. Thanks!