Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Remote Start Distance issues

Old 04-06-2012, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation Remote Start Distance issues

Hey there I posted a long time ago about my Remote Start/ Remote in general not working until I'm at least 5 to 10 feet away sometime I need to be next to my car.

Does any one have any ideas what could be wrong?
Yes I have changed the battery in the Remote, Both remotes! and I still have the same issue please help!!!

Car: 2006 Monte Carlo SS

(The reason I can't find my old post is because I xfered my e-mail and apparently deleted everything on the account )

Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM

I believe it's pretty much something that happens over time. All mine have lost range. Idea: I know it sounds strange but it does work. Put the remote right under your chin when you press the buttons. The range will be extended, guess it uses your body as an antenna???

Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 PM

JAFO you are correct with that you say, if you put the remote right under your chin you can use your body as an antenna. It looks funny to others but it might be the thing to do the trick. How long have you had the remote start system?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
I believe it's pretty much something that happens over time. All mine have lost range. Idea: I know it sounds strange but it does work. Put the remote right under your chin when you press the buttons. The range will be extended, guess it uses your body as an antenna???
Originally Posted by MonteFox
JAFO you are correct with that you say, if you put the remote right under your chin you can use your body as an antenna. It looks funny to others but it might be the thing to do the trick. How long have you had the remote start system?
Funny thing is I do that, there was a reply a while back about replacing something but I guess I'll stick to my the chin trick for now.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM

That's so funny I was just talking to this girl the other day and shes like "yeah just put it up to your head it will work better." Told I wasn't falling for that one. Guess I was wrong.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rellsun
That's so funny I was just talking to this girl the other day and shes like "yeah just put it up to your head it will work better." Told I wasn't falling for that one. Guess I was wrong.
Haha yeah I thought it was stupid at first saw it on TV somewhere a few year ago tried it and it works