Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Who else has issues with aftermarket remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
1 Year Member
Default Who else has issues with aftermarket remote start?

Recently posted something here about a theory I had that my new remote start was causing my fuel gauge to act up.

Well, after running the tank down to nearly E (or where I thought it would be at E) and not using remote start since, I topped the tank off this evening and now the needle is back to normal all of a sudden. Then I did remote start again (to test if the needle would move again). It didn't, but then I had another first: my first change oil light - first ever - lit up, along with the check engine light. I just changed my oil and there's nothing leaking. There's no problem with the engine or the oil, but something is telling the computer that there is.

So tldr lately whenever I use remote start, something on the instrument panel lights up or does something it's never done before. Doesn't happen when I manually start the car. The only common denominator in these things happening is using remote start.

I had it installed by a pro installer I know and trust and he's good at what he does. I have a Python model 513... any advice?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did you try reseting the oil change light?

The only issue I ever had was with my 2003 sierra...I changed the battery...and then the auto start wouldnt work until I had the remote start reset...

Found out its a PCM issue....So unless I change out the PCM...everytime I have a dead battery..I have to have the remote start reset...

Maybe u Have a similar PCM issue?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM
1 Year Member

No use in resetting the light if something's just going to cause it to keep coming back on.

How to test for PCM issue, and could the remote start have caused it? Cause really, the car has never had a history of hypochondria. It only began after I used the remote start a few times. That's why I am suspicious of it.