Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Viper Alarm and Remote Start....issues.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member
Angry Viper Alarm and Remote Start....issues.

Bought my monte 2 years ago and when I first got it I was in the process of changing the deck, when a viper alarm started going off...My car wouldn't start and it was flipping out. I had it towed to the nearest car place and they said they couldn't make me a new key fob for it and didn't know anything about viper systems so they disabled it..200 bucks later and I still don't have remote start or an alarm...To make a long story short. I brought it this year to a Mickey Shore place and they were A$$h***s and told me mine was pretty much junk and they wanted to charge me 450 bucks to install a brand new one, even though I knew mine worked just fine. Another 150 bucks later and they tell me I need a new antenna wire and I leave without anything working...Is there anyone that can help me? I am so sick of all these car ******! Grrr! >

Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Most shops despise following up behind someone elses work because they have to take the time to figure out how and if the previous person did the installation correctly. That's why a lot of places won't do it, or if they do it costs an arm and a leg in shop hours. If you have a Best Buy in your area that does installs you may want to inquire with them. Obviously, the skill level will vary with each location, but the one I have gone to in the past is well qualified at installations and diagnostics. They have corrected a couple of alarm/stereo problems (from prior owner installs) for me in the past and I was able to walk out the door for under $100 each time. Good luck...