Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Please help me!!!

Old 02-02-2019, 08:49 PM
Default Please help me!!!

I have a 06 monte carlo ss and it will not crank or after I replaced the battery

Old 02-03-2019, 05:53 AM

Did you possibly touch the positive and negative terminals on the battery together? That would blow the fuse and cause this.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by wht02monte View Post
Did you possibly touch the positive and negative terminals on the battery together? That would blow the fuse and cause this.
I'm sure I did not

Old 02-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Izaiah Miller Sr. View Post
I'm sure I did not
Well if it won't crank then it is usually and electrical issue of some sort. you have not given enough information to give a good diagnosis. So this is all guess work. Just wondering how many miles the vehicle has on it? Is it an inside or outside car?
Assuming that the battery was good even a new one can be junk any more? The battery should test out in the car with 14.2 Volts if you don't have that it won't start it.
Next the Starter if you removed it and reinstalled it maybe a wire was missed or broken I would double check that. Also if you have a bad ground it will not connect up.
Check all grounds. If they don't connect to bare metal some times they won't function. Grounds should also be cleaned periodically as well. Sometimes the ground gets corroded up at the battery and gives you fits.
I am attaching a link to google and this has all kinds of remedies for this issue check it out and you may get lucky!

https://www.google.com/search?source...10.kS9qCGFb2Lw

Last edited by drivernumber3; 02-04-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 View Post
Well if it won't crank then it is usually and electrical issue of some sort. you have not given enough information to give a good diagnosis. So this is all guess work. Just wondering how many miles the vehicle has on it? Is it an inside or outside car?
Assuming that the battery was good even a new one can be junk any more? The battery should test out in the car with 14.2 Volts if you don't have that it won't start it.
Next the Starter if you removed it and reinstalled it maybe a wire was missed or broken I would double check that. Also if you have a bad ground it will not connect up.
Check all grounds. If they don't connect to bare metal some times they won't function. Grounds should also be cleaned periodically as well. Sometimes the ground gets corroded up at the battery and gives you fits.
I am attaching a link to google and this has all kinds of remedies for this issue check it out and you may get lucky!

https://www.google.com/search?source...10.kS9qCGFb2Lw
thanks I'll look at it and I think it could be a fuse

Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2009
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd second checking the ground. After that I'd check the connections on the starter itself to make sure they're tight.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:53 PM

The only way I can get it started is by taking a little jumper wire from the positive on the starter and putting it in where you plug the other wire into the starter and it will start up that way..... I cant find the problem

Old 02-14-2019, 09:21 PM

It might be some type of security feature? Bad ignition switch? Electrical gremlin bud, if your not good with electronics your gonna have to find or pay someone that is. If its a security issue y

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.