Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

PCM Location

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Default RE: PCM Location

The PCM or "brain" controls almost every electrical aspect of your car. That's why getting a new one can be so beneficial.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: RiFrechSS

It's your cars computer... or brain... PCM stands for Powertrain Control Module.
Yes, it is programmed to control your traction control also.
oh ok, I thought they were two different control units

Old 07-08-2005, 02:23 AM

For what it's worth, this came about because I purchased a custom programmed PCM for my Monte. The wifes actually.

I purchased mine at http://www.wait4meperformance.com

The guys name is Jesse Bubb. I found him through a couple of other forums that I frequent. www.gmfullsize.com and www.fullsizechevy.com. Jess has a special on right now. Fully custom tuned PCM for $150, you keep the core. If you want to send the core (original PCM) back to him he will refund you $75.00. I opted to keep the core. This includes lifetime retunes. If you make changes/mods to your ride you can send the PCM back, he will retune same day and send it back. He ships USPS 2 day, shipping is always $7.50. I think right now he can tune 96 and up, 3.4, 3.8, 4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 GM's.

You call him up, tell him what you have, what you want, and he will program it for you. He does a lot of them and knows what he is doing. I installed in the MC last night. I could tell an immediate difference. More power, esp. low end off the line. Much improved throttle response. 25-30MPH, then floor it, sets you back in the seat pretty good. Tonight the wife told me that I was trying to get her in trouble because it just takes off from the light. I also installed one in my 02 Sierra. Kicks butt.

He can also tune for super/turbo, whatever. I did a lot of looking for custom PCM tunes before I went with Jess. Westers, PCMforless, if I remember correctly I even found one on EFI. Most run you $250-$500 and you have to return the core. $175.00 to keep the core.

I did not intend for this to be a commercial, but if your looking to pick up 20-30 HP for a resonable price you might want to give Jess a call. And your best bet is to call him rather than email. He is slow on the email sometimes but he always picks up the phone. Very nice guy and he will tell you exactly what he can do for you. He also sells on Ebay, but I can't remember his seller name there. You probably do a search on PCM or PCM tune and find him that way.

Great bang for the buck IMO. For what its worth.

I forgot, you will also pick up MPG. Way to soon to tell about he MC, but I have picked up 3-4 MPG in my Sierra. That is when I can keep my foot out of my new found source of power. I'm not claiming that this is the same as a turbo/super charger. But you will definitley notice the added ponies.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:14 AM

i passed that on we have several of the older monte carlos in the club just screaming for a reprogrammer LOL
they are let 90's and up so if they are lucky he can help them thanks for the info.
I have the hypertect reprogrammer and love it so far other then the fact i have found my self getting bored and playing with it while on long drives but im in a place i cant get tickets in teh right places anyway.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: scortch

For what it's worth, this came about because I purchased a custom programmed PCM for my Monte. The wifes actually.

I purchased mine at http://www.wait4meperformance.com

The guys name is Jesse Bubb. I found him through a couple of other forums that I frequent. www.gmfullsize.com and www.fullsizechevy.com. Jess has a special on right now. Fully custom tuned PCM for $150, you keep the core. If you want to send the core (original PCM) back to him he will refund you $75.00. I opted to keep the core. This includes lifetime retunes. If you make changes/mods to your ride you can send the PCM back, he will retune same day and send it back. He ships USPS 2 day, shipping is always $7.50. I think right now he can tune 96 and up, 3.4, 3.8, 4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 GM's.

You call him up, tell him what you have, what you want, and he will program it for you. He does a lot of them and knows what he is doing. I installed in the MC last night. I could tell an immediate difference. More power, esp. low end off the line. Much improved throttle response. 25-30MPH, then floor it, sets you back in the seat pretty good. Tonight the wife told me that I was trying to get her in trouble because it just takes off from the light. I also installed one in my 02 Sierra. Kicks butt.

He can also tune for super/turbo, whatever. I did a lot of looking for custom PCM tunes before I went with Jess. Westers, PCMforless, if I remember correctly I even found one on EFI. Most run you $250-$500 and you have to return the core. $175.00 to keep the core.

I did not intend for this to be a commercial, but if your looking to pick up 20-30 HP for a resonable price you might want to give Jess a call. And your best bet is to call him rather than email. He is slow on the email sometimes but he always picks up the phone. Very nice guy and he will tell you exactly what he can do for you. He also sells on Ebay, but I can't remember his seller name there. You probably do a search on PCM or PCM tune and find him that way.

Great bang for the buck IMO. For what its worth.

I forgot, you will also pick up MPG. Way to soon to tell about he MC, but I have picked up 3-4 MPG in my Sierra. That is when I can keep my foot out of my new found source of power. I'm not claiming that this is the same as a turbo/super charger. But you will definitley notice the added ponies.
Is this something people should consider who have stock cars w/maybe just exhaust and intake?

Old 07-09-2005, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS
Is this something people should consider who have stock cars w/maybe just exhaust and intake?
[/quote]

Absolutley. It would be just perfect for those people. No easier or cheaper way to pick up 20-30 HP.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: scortch

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Absolutley. It would be just perfect for those people. No easier or cheaper way to pick up 20-30 HP.
Wow, those kind of gains even w/stock car huh? That's amazing and definitely worth the cost, I'll be saving that website in my favorites and it'll be the first next mod I do after I get my intake in. Thanks for the hook up!

Old 07-11-2005, 04:10 AM

Keep in mind that he has a sale going on now. I believe it runs through August. Don't know what the price will be after that. I'm sure it will be less than Westers, but....

Might be a good idea to give him a call just in case.