Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

no start

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Angry no start

hi fixed my fuel problem when i bought my 2002 monte carlo ss in febuary of this year the car started i just needed a transmission and it took me till october to find one close to where i live i had the keys to it and it stared up but in july i lost the keys and during i pulled the motor and transmission out together cause it looked like all the gaskets were leaking so when i got the motor and transmission and so i took the old ingtion out and stuck a new one in i new that i had to take the car to a shop to get the the new ignition match to the computer he said that he got the work done but it wont start so i pulled it home and nothing there was no crank no gas reading no heater fan no radio display i dont know what to do the shops are too expensive i really want to drive it HELP

Old 11-13-2023, 05:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like a security issue. Do you have a flashing red security light in the dash? The ignition lock cylinder requires a "security re-learn procedure" after replacement in order to enable several security related functions. The car won't start unless you do that.
Here's an old post from a similar problem:https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...onte-ss-58482/
Here's a link to the security re-learn procedure: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...rocedure-8598/
Try this first, it takes 30 minutes and no tools are required. Just make sure the battery is fully charged and/or has a charger connected.

Old 01-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Default No start

I tried that and nothing took the car to a transmission place and he plugged his scanner and said that it was in the transmission cause where the out line on dash was not reading no park reverse and so on so I took the car home I still had my old transmission and took the side of transmission pulled all the sensors and safety switch plus the wiring out plugged in to the cars hardness and turned the key on then it was marking on the dash so I had to take the side of the transmission cover off and replaced the safety switch put it back together it started right up was a lot of work but I did mybe it could help somebody out there thanks