Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

no ac or heat... no air period.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Not sure as i've never done it on these cars, but i think its up in the passenger footwell.
You are correct. And they use the stupid weird pattern bolts (forget the name at the moment)... Guess I gotta go digging through my tools.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Probably a torx bit or a security bit, if thats what it is, go pickup a set as i've used mine more often than i thought i would.

Old 05-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Probably a torx bit or a security bit, if thats what it is, go pickup a set as i've used mine more often than i thought i would.
Yea... That's it .. Torx... I have some laying around somewhere

Old 05-30-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by scotthartbti
Yea... That's it .. Torx... I have some laying around somewhere
I had a 2001 grand Prix gtp prior to this car.. Pretty much the same thing minus the supercharger of course.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:26 AM

If it's anything like my 04, the blower motor wouldn't spin up when you turned it on, and it would come on seemingly randomly. I went through the trouble of replacing the resistor and it still didn't work. Then I noticed that it would kick on whenever I went over bumps, with the car parked I tried tapping the motor side to side and that did the trick, the fan blades were hitting the shroud keeping it from starting up. Try doing that before you replace the resistor.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by MonteMonkey
If it's anything like my 04, the blower motor wouldn't spin up when you turned it on, and it would come on seemingly randomly. I went through the trouble of replacing the resistor and it still didn't work. Then I noticed that it would kick on whenever I went over bumps, with the car parked I tried tapping the motor side to side and that did the trick, the fan blades were hitting the shroud keeping it from starting up. Try doing that before you replace the resistor.
Thanks for the info. I just spoke with my friend who has been a mechanic for many years and he gave me similar information as far as giving the motor a few whacks once I remove the panel. Was going to try last night, but of course it was pouring the entire time and I don't have the luxury of a parking garage. Hopefully the weather holds off tonight so I can take a look.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:56 PM

Sorry for the late response... Finally got around to checking the blower motor... Took the panel off and located the motor... Left air on and on high... Gave the motor a few whacks... Fired right up. Not sure it'll hold out for long, but at least its working and I know that's def the culprit. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:47 AM
Default Blower Resistor

[SoundsQUOTE=scotthartbti;664382]I have a 03 Monte Carlo SS with 78,000 miles. Yesterday I turned on the ac and nothing happened. About 5 minutes later it suddenly started working. Today I turn on my car and nothing. I've tried throughout the day and still nothing. No heat or ac... No air at all coming from the vents at any setting or speed. I checked a few fuses and from the looks they are good, but I guess I'm not sure where the main one is that could be causing this? Possible the blower motor took a crap? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]
When the blower resistor goes bad, a total loss of the blower will occur. Take a small rubber mallet and tap the blower motor housing with the AC switch in the on position. This will often pinpoint a bad resistor or a bad blower motor.