Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): need a master guru, changed so much still takes forever to start

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry need a master guru, changed so much still takes forever to start

my car has had this issue for a while and over time it takes longer to start.
i had this issue before i did the zzp supercharger kit installation hoping it would get fixed with all the parts being replaced. but guess not. and yes i do wat zzp recommends after the install turn the key wait a few seconds then start. but again i had this issue before the mods

list of changed parts trying to correct this issue
MAF, IAC, TPS, TB, FPR, Ignition coils, ignition module.

could it be the starter??
fuel pump?

having a remote start in this was a waste of money it worked fine for a few months with minimal issues now it never starts. i went t a mechanic he told me there a 90% chance its the fuel pump , and he quoted me 440$ but i think ill do it on my own seems simple enough going thru the trunk, just gotta dis assemble the sound system

i have to sell the car after all this $$ dumped last summer with the zzp kit and all but its for my wedding lost my job, fkn corprates, and cant sell her when she dont start within 5 seconds haha

anyway any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 PM

It very well could be the fuel pump. Have you cheeked the psi.? When you do cheek it cheek it with the car off and then with the car running. A lot of times a car will start and run but what happens is when you turn the car off and let it sit there the fuel in the lines will bled off back into your tank which will make the car hard to start back because there is no fuel in the lines . One way to cheek if its doing this or not is to put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail,turn the key on till you hear the pump stop and then turn the car off. Now go watch the gauge. If the pressure starts to drop you have a bad fuel pump. Hope this helps you out.