Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

need help wit some dash lights AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: need help wit some dash lights AGAIN!!!

basicaly they never did anythign to the car to fix it. I ended up getting speed hut over lays for the car and dont care any more. all of my dash lights were changed out to LED's so i dont have to worry about that any more .

but they did end up replaceing the head light switch and the one in there now is really tight in comparisons so i belive it might have had something to do with it.

but i no longer could say for sure . i have pretty much replaced anythign effected by this to include the stereo.

Sorry i can't help you more on it

Old 08-21-2006, 12:27 AM

well thanks anyway

sounds like she must look good now !!!!

Old 08-21-2006, 03:39 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i was told by the dealer here it was due to the light here being so much brighter then then sun in the states. I could not get them to relise there is no sun here at 0300 am here or in the states. but they swore it was nothing wrong with it.

i personally think it had something to do with the switch for my head lights like i said it is really stiff in comparison now but also tighter to turn it the old one was real lose and would turn farily easy also. so it could have had a dead spot in the dimmer section on it .

or a lose connection between the light switch and the dash wireing its self.

but i havent had this issue since it was all changed out. i did once or twice after i had the over lays in but that was about it.

wish i could help you more on this

Old 09-27-2006, 07:10 PM

My 01 SS recently did the same thing. But it has nothing to do with the light in the US because it happened at night. I drove to my friend's place when it was light out and everything was working fine. When I left, I had no backlighting for the dash, center console or door panels. The gauges worked fine a did everything else EXCEPT the backlighting. My first thought was the headlight switch as well, but playing around with it didn't change anything. This morning on my way to work, they were still out. After work I went to pull my car around to check all my fuses and everything was working fine.