Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

need help wit some dash lights AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: need help wit some dash lights AGAIN!!!

lol i hear ya but that is the wrong attitude to go in with . Most of the time the mech. dose not have a choice you would be suprised on what gose on taht you dont undestand or know about when it comes to working in a shop. you might know that is the problem but for somereason you cant do it till you have the right person say you can.

I know in our shop with high reach equipment we have to have a oparts list and it has to be approved before it is orderd from the parts room this is to help prevent from folks that just change parts with out knowing what is needing fixed.
Also to help prevent reocuring problems from slipping threw the craks

belive me at 300 feet int eh air the last thing you want is a bad vavle to go out agian and drop you from that height. or to have the safty fail on you on your way down

Old 05-28-2005, 10:40 AM

I agree with Mickey, **** em off and you’re likely to end up on the black list. My dealership has been absolutely wonderful. The approach I have taken is one of documentation by taking my car in for everything I can just to get it in the log. Just remember, they are there to make sure your happy with you purchase and are reimbursed through GM for any and all work done during the warranty period. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain addressing the problems you're having with your Monte.

Just my .02....

TVW

Old 05-28-2005, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

I agree with Mickey, **** em off and you’re likely to end up on the black list. My dealership has been absolutely wonderful. The approach I have taken is one of documentation by taking my car in for everything I can just to get it in the log. Just remember, they are there to make sure your happy with you purchase and are reimbursed through GM for any and all work done during the warranty period. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain addressing the problems you're having with your Monte.

Just my .02....

TVW
ahahaha, im not walking into the dealer like "aight mothafvcka, you gonna fix my ish or it's about to get real grimy up in here!" But i'm not gonna just settle for the oikie doke either. Too many times the dealer tries to get out of doing what's needed and 10 visits to the shop and 8k worth of repairs later, they finally do what should have been done in the first place. I will do everything I can do prevent that bs from happening, it's an inconvenience to me and does not make me feel like I'm dealing with a manufacturer who is standing behind their product. Being that it's a mechanical defect, which the warranty covers, it should be a non issue. I just hopw that I don't have the issue with these guys that some of you have had, like the guy who has his dash lights keep going out on him.

Old 05-28-2005, 01:16 PM

hell that is awful cause my car is not even under warranty and i had some things go out in it under the hood and i called the dealership and told them what was going on and he was like since i have an 04 and it is sill farily new that i can bring it in and see what gm would do for me.

Old 05-29-2005, 12:52 AM

ORIGINAL: benhillzone3

hell that is awful cause my car is not even under warranty and i had some things go out in it under the hood and i called the dealership and told them what was going on and he was like since i have an 04 and it is sill farily new that i can bring it in and see what gm would do for me.
damn, you hit 36k already huh?

I am a natural born pessimist, but recently I've tried being an optimist and so far so good. So I have faith that Chevy will take care of me and make me happy that I decided to spend my hard earned money on their product

Old 05-29-2005, 05:06 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

is the warrenty 30.00 or 36k?
hell if it is 36k i still have more then i thought LOL
as faras the dash lights i think i found the problem
it is that damed auto head lights doing ti and becasue it is doing while light out side they are dimming so far down you cant see them

So im goign to go back out ahve see about etheir getting it adjusted or telling them to replase this over sensitve sensor.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

is the warrenty 30.00 or 36k?
hell if it is 36k i still have more then i thought LOL
as faras the dash lights i think i found the problem
it is that damed auto head lights doing ti and becasue it is doing while light out side they are dimming so far down you cant see them

So im goign to go back out ahve see about etheir getting it adjusted or telling them to replase this over sensitve sensor.
warranty is 3yrs/36,000 miles

Old 05-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

thanks!! KOOL I have now got mre leverage

Old 05-29-2005, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

thanks!! KOOL I have now got mre leverage
yezzur!

Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 PM

Mick so what ever happened with this was it the auto on sensor and was it just a matter of replacing it ????
courious as i am seeming to have the same issue with my monte it is a 2000 ss
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: need help wit some dash lights AGAIN!!!