Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 02:54 PM
STL

sry been away as it has been deer hunting season ... anyways im back now ... as for my car , pulling that fuse out and calibrating the actuator has seemed to work for the most part however I am noticing that it is not 100% like it should b when I got in the car the other day all the setting were off again face blowing out feet feet blowing defrost etc... however it seems as long as I leave the mode setting on defrost before I shut the car off then it will b on the correct setting but if I leave it on sumthing else then they get all messed up the next time I start my car ... which leads me to believe that it is in fact my mode actuator causing the issue however ive been looking around for the part and I c all the parts stores around here carrying a blend door actuator but not the mode actuator .. so maybe I will c if a dealer has this part or sumthing idk ... now my car is still dying even after I rewired that defrostor wire around the harness so im gonna start ripping out whatever wires this aftermarket security box is connected to ... also doing more digging around and one of the previous owners of the car had all aftermarket speakers put in which leads me to believe they had a system in here and they just cut wires and left things dangling around so I will b going thru to the best of my abilities and tying up any loose wires I can find ... also a friend of mine was telling my to check my positive wire running from my battery to my starter for corrosion or anything of the sort what would b the best way to do this without having to strip all that protective sleeving around the wire ?

Old 11-21-2014, 04:40 AM

[QUOTE=STL;637771]sry been away as it has been deer hunting season ... anyways im back now ... as for my car , pulling that fuse out and calibrating the actuator has seemed to work for the most part however I am noticing that it is not 100% like it should b when I got in the car the other day all the setting were off again face blowing out feet feet blowing defrost etc... however it seems as long as I leave the mode setting on defrost before I shut the car off then it will b on the correct setting but if I leave it on sumthing else then they get all messed up the next time I start my car ...We have a smart system as in if you use remote start the HVAC system knows whether it is hot or cold outside and automatically will set the controls accordingly. So as you discovered for this time of year if left in defrost it does not have to change its position, this is a dead giveaway that the cheap nylon gear inside is deformed and requires replacement. Try www.rockauto.com (ACDELCO Part # 1574123 ) for the best price and to your door. which leads me to believe that it is in fact my mode actuator causing the issue however ive been looking around for the part and I c all the parts stores around here carrying a blend door actuator but not the mode actuator .. so maybe I will c if a dealer has this part or sumthing idk ... now my car is still dying even after I rewired that defrostor wire around the harness so im gonna start ripping out whatever wires this aftermarket security box is connected to ... also doing more digging around and one of the previous owners of the car had all aftermarket speakers put in which leads me to believe they had a system in here and they just cut wires and left things dangling around so I will b going thru to the best of my abilities and tying up any loose wires I can find ...Unfortunately you are going to have to repair all of this in order to get past the problem. also a friend of mine was telling my to check my positive wire running from my battery to my starter for corrosion or anything of the sort what would b the best way to do this without having to strip all that protective sleeving around the wire ? For this simply be sure your terminals are clean and that there is post showing above the battery connector. ALSO there is a current sensor on one of the cables be sure that all wires using that terminal are running thru it, NO EXCEPTIONS. Sometimes people wire in aftermarket devices and just run a hot + or a ground directly to the battery terminal, if this is the case then whichever terminal it is attached to... if the current sensor is on that cable assembly it must run through the current sensor.[/QUOTE]

Is there a cold air intake installed?

Last edited by Ill_Born_ss; 11-21-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:41 PM
STL

there is no aftermarket cold air intake installed it is factory ... I took sum pictures of my battery hopefully it will show u what your trying to ask me about the cables of 1 terminal running thru the the sensor ... the 2 (red) positive cables that run into the terminal and both run thru that little black clip; is that the sensor your talking about?? ... 1 runs right into my fuse box and the other runs down and around my engine .... on the (black) negative side there is 3 wirs ... ill call it small medium and large ... the large runs down and around my engine same as the positive wire ... the medium wire runs straight to the metal as a ground and the 3rd little wire runs into a little harness plug deal and then runs into a pack of wires coming from my fuse box , so idk if it runs into the fuse box or back in towards my car ... if u were wondering y the negative battery connector looks a lil funny is bcuz I had to replace the connector the 1 that was on it when I bought it was to loose and could not b tightened up ... in the process the big fat wire would not stretch far enough to fit in the connector and to get the connector around the terminal so we added the little copper piece to it but that's y u c that exposed wire and no sleeve