Monte SS INTRUMENT CLUSTER, FIT A 2004 Impala ? - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > General Forums > Monte Carlo Repair Help
Reload this Page >

Monte SS INTRUMENT CLUSTER, FIT A 2004 Impala ?

Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Monte SS INTRUMENT CLUSTER, FIT A 2004 Impala ?

Old 09-09-2012, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Monte SS INTRUMENT CLUSTER, FIT A 2004 Impala ?

Hello guys, do you know if a Monte Ss (6th gen) will fit a 2004 Imala ? It has the regular gauges, gas, speedo, etc.. But I want to put the SS gauges in it... I have a Gauge cluster from a 6th Gen and would like to install it.. Just wondering if I do (if the wire connection is the same) will the oil, temp, tach, speedo, amp, temp etc work? Thanks for the help... Mjc...

Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

As I understand the Monte and Impala clusters (base and SS) are the same models between the cars. I've read in the past you can drop the SS Cluster in but there is an issue that the oil pressure gauge does not work.

I know in my '94 Grand Am, that was resolved by switching the oil pressure switch for the sending unit, but I believe others have said on a new car like the Impala you mentioned there's more to it.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
As I understand the Monte and Impala clusters (base and SS) are the same models between the cars. I've read in the past you can drop the SS Cluster in but there is an issue that the oil pressure gauge does not work.

I know in my '94 Grand Am, that was resolved by switching the oil pressure switch for the sending unit, but I believe others have said on a new car like the Impala you mentioned there's more to it.
Thanks for the input..mi think I'll try it then, I didn't want to install it and have fuses and stuff pop all over the place.. Lol.... Thanks again.. Mjc...

Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

They're identical, except for the Impala LS cluster, it's a bit different, but that's it.

They should fit just fine.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM

I know this topic has been talked about to death,but my question is ,even though the oil pressure guage doesn't work on SS to LS swaps,is there still some sort of warning light connected to it like the ls cluster? Thanks.