Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Seats from a 2009 Impala fit a 2001 Monte? Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Seats from a 2009 Impala fit a 2001 Monte? Please help!

Hey guys, just wanting to know if the seats from. A09 Cheby Imp will fit my 01 Monte Carlo. I hate the seats in the car and need to replace them with others,I love the looks of the Impala seats but need to know if they will fit.. Thanks.. Mjclemm..

Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM

im sure they fit but they probably dont fold down as far making getting in the back slightly more difficult.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM

I'd be almost positive that they're just as wide as your stock seats, so yes, they probably won't go right into the factory anchors however. Then, will the power connection hook up? Probably not.

I know the heated seats part wouldn't work, seeing as it's controlled through the HVAC module on newer models, where as yours is independent switches, tied directly to the harness. You may be able to splice your current harness into the new harness on the seats and bypass the actual connector if the heads are different.

Plus, the fronts aren't going to fold down like they do on the Monte Carlo seats, you'll have to pull the actual lever that adjusts the back and then try to readjust it every time you move them, so it'll always come back to a different spot - if you try to use the backs you may loose the 60/40 folding backs -- not positive on that though.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM

couldnt you just have them reupholstered to something you like?!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

They should actually mount in the factory hooks, just like the newer Monte or Grand Prix seats.

The power connection will need to be modified to make it work correctly and you won't be able to bend down the front seat to get in the back as easily.

If it's just you and your wife though, that may not be such an issue, especially on a project car

Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
Plus, the fronts aren't going to fold down like they do on the Monte Carlo seats, you'll have to pull the actual lever that adjusts the back and then try to readjust it every time you move them, so it'll always come back to a different spot - if you try to use the backs you may loose the 60/40 folding backs -- not positive on that though.
Well for one, the back seat IS a 60/40 in the Impala. The 7th Gen Monte uses the same seats that the 9th Gen Impala uses, with the exception of the rear seat headrests and a slight difference in the upholstery design. The rear seat should swap into a Monte no problem. I don't see why GM would have manufactured two completely different rear seat structures since they were trying to save money at the time. The Impala four door setup makes me wonder a bit, but I don't know why it would be any different than the Monte. Looks the same visually. Second, I can say I hate readjusting the front seat backs every time I fold them down. That's the ONE thing I do not like about the car.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
couldnt you just have them reupholstered to something you like?!
My reason for the replacement is because of the stupid air bag bs with the 01 monte SS with leather, the leather pulls out of the airbag and looks awful. To have these reupholstered would cost a ton, I found brand new 09 Impala front leather WITH the side airbag as well as heated just like mine for only $100 each ! Fantastic price... So I was considering doing it.. The electronics might fit because of they are both heated, full electric, and has the drivers air bag.. If the wores don't fin the plug, I'm sure it's just a matter of rewriting, but I'm not sure at all.. Just hate the stupid leather n air bag separation issue. On the new seats from 05 n up, they addressed the issue and fixed it. I'm not aware of any retro fit of a new Benzel for the air bag on the drivers seat to prevent it from happening again. I bought a brand new 01 seat last year because I was sick of it, and after 5 months it did the xact same thing. I keep "tucking it back in" but it comes right out after a day or so.. Inlets anyone knows of a pertinante fix, I don't know what to do... Thanks again guys for ALL the assistance.. Mjclemm...

Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 PM

post a pic of the airbag problem youre talking about. if i were going to swap seats i would get the seats out of a gxp. suede and leather and they actually have side bolstering. it would make a very nice upgrade.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:34 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Find a set of non airbag monte seats, i got a set of GTO seats u could mod to fit in

Old 08-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Find a set of non airbag monte seats, i got a set of GTO seats u could mod to fit in
Any pictures? Love to see them.. Are they leather? Black?, electric? Heated? Just askin all at once....lol... How much? Thanks.. Mjc...