Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Monte Carlo electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Default Monte Carlo electrical problems

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and new to monte Carlos, not new to Chevys tho. I have a 2004 monte I believe, it's got the 3100v6 motor and 132xxx miles, car is bone stock except for a stock rebuild on the motor. My new monte that I bought has some problems, I believe they are related but they could be separate problems. The main problem is that sometimes the car won't start, randomly. It will turn over and has spark, and I can hear the fuel pump kick on and prime, but the motor gets no gas, if I dump some gas in the air intake it will start up and stay running, and if I shut it off it will start back up after. But besides that, my security light comes on randomly, and I have reset the ignition, and the chiming sound it makes when your doors open, my car makes that ALL the time when it's in drive, it won't stop beeping, if it's in park it won't beep, but in any other gear it will. And no doors are open, trunks closed, seat belt on. Makes no sence. Any help would be appreciated, also my car has. I low beams??? I heard that was a common problem tho