Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2000 Monte Carlo SS - Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Default 2000 Monte Carlo SS - Electrical Problems

Car just hit 212,000 miles and it seems now the car is costing me a fortune.

Headlights would turn on and off intermitenly as well as the blower motor would work when it wants to. Thought it was the BCM. Had it replaced at the dealer and still did not resolve the issue. Replaced the headlight switch still not the problem. Discovered that it was the multi-function switch that it burned at the 22-pin connector on the dash (second one in two months).

ANyway let me get to the point. I had a remote start installed on the car, there are two additional wires attached to the multi-function switch (brown in color). Anyone have any idea what they go to? I cut the wires and did not seem anything happen except now the blower motor seems to work properly.

Second, after by BCM got programmed my dome light only works if I turn it on manually. Is this something I need to reprogram to work with the door open? (Maybe through the radio?).

Third, Dash Instrument Panel is dark but when you tap it in a few places the lights flicker. Maybe just the cluster or harness?

I know its a long list, I appreciate it if anyone can help me out.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well... that's quite the list and the long problems.

Unfortunately electrical issues are such a pain! Especially on an older car

I know a lot of the electrics on these cars run through the hazard switch, and sometimes that switch can go bad...?

Like every now and then my blinkers stop working, i just half click the hazard switch and they pop back on and work for a week lol.