Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): I put in a new radio and subs now my car won’t crank.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 06:24 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Default I put in a new radio and subs now my car won’t crank.

I just put in a new radio and subs in my 2002 Monte ss. Everything went in fine we had too cut the wire harness an wire it up. We followed the diagram we found too the dot. The car won’t crank or anything it don’t try too turn over or anything. I’ve tryed the relearn with the key for like an hour. When this first happened I tryed that and then I did the battery disconnect for 30 min too a day and still nothing. I’m replacing the bcm right now. I’m just hoping you guys might have any other ideas. I really want me car back lmao

Old 08-24-2020, 12:18 PM

Sounds dumb, but did you check to see if you have voltage at the starter main and solenoid wire when key is turned to start?

hell voltage not at one, back track from there till voltage found.

Old 12-11-2020, 12:41 PM

Gm runs some maint functions that passes through the radio as well as car alarm in some cases. That is why i was told most people run a system off the factory radio. Otherwise they say you have to parallel the factory radio under pax side or in trunk. Ive heard. My buddy did radio installs for best buy back in the day.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:17 PM
Default Aftermarket stereo installation

Originally Posted by Brian42071
I just put in a new radio and subs in my 2002 Monte ss. Everything went in fine we had too cut the wire harness an wire it up. We followed the diagram we found too the dot. The car won’t crank or anything it don’t try too turn over or anything. I’ve tryed the relearn with the key for like an hour. When this first happened I tryed that and then I did the battery disconnect for 30 min too a day and still nothing. I’m replacing the bcm right now. I’m just hoping you guys might have any other ideas. I really want me car back lmao
when I replaced the stock radio in my 2002 monte carlo ss I had to buy a harness adapter to plug into. There are ones for onstar and non onstar. Also hooking everything up there is a white wire that comes from the power amp built in. You connect the white wire to your blue wire that comes from your new amp that goes to a fuse. I bypassed the fuse and tied it together with the white wire and had sound thru out all the speakers front and back