Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Help!! 07' Monte Carlo sudden oil leak!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Default Help!! 07' Monte Carlo sudden oil leak!!!

So either this is a BAD coincidence or this dealership messed up...I traded in my car last Friday and took possession of a new car for about 5 days. Well the car deal fell through because I couldn't get it financed. So when I got my old Monte back, a day later it started leaking a lot of oil and now the low oil light is coming on. And I mean like small puddles of oil. I never had this problem before as the car was in good running condition. I took it back to the dealership and they deny ever servicing or inspecting our car and claimed they had no liability for it because it was just parked during those 5 days. Now I have to take it to another shop to get it fixed today and I'm so confused right now.
So my questions are: Do Monte Carlos have sudden oil leaks like this? What could be the cause? Or did the dealership "accidentally" mess something up?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Default 07' Monte Carlo Sudden Large Oil Leak??

So either this is a BAD coincidence or this dealership messed up...I traded in my car last Friday and took possession of a new car for about 5 days. Well the car deal fell through because I couldn't get it financed. So when I got my old Monte back, a day later it started leaking a lot of oil and now the low oil light is coming on. And I mean like small puddles of oil. I never had this problem before as the car was in good running condition. I took it back to the dealership and they deny ever servicing or inspecting our car and claimed they had no liability for it because it was just parked during those 5 days. Now I have to take it to another shop to get it fixed today and I'm so confused right now.
So my questions are: Do Monte Carlos have sudden oil leaks like this? What could be the cause? Or did the dealership "accidentally" mess something up?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Where is the oil leaking from?

They could have done an oil change and screwed up the filter.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:37 PM

Honestly, without looking underneath car/hood, it'll be quite tough to determine where exactly the oil leak is coming from. How fast is it leaking oil? Does the motor run any differently; sputters, smokes, etc?

Old 08-17-2012, 02:49 PM

Its leaking from underneath the engine area. The dealer is saying they never touched the car, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. That's why I'm wondering what could've went wrong so quickly if I never had problems before. I have an appt. Monday to get it looked at...

Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 PM

Yeah and I know little about cars. The car has been leaking for about a day or so and the low oil light just came on today. I've noticed some medium sized puddles in our garage and where i parked at work.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:26 PM

Hi `Jackie & Welcome to the MCF...Your threads have been merged.. Double Threads (same topic)

Please read our MCF Rules before posting & you will find your experience more enjoyable. Also, try our search engine for same or similar problems that you may be having..

Thank You.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Find someone to look under it and see where it is leaking. Contrary to popular believe, we at the dealer are not to blame for every single problem with your car.