Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

headlight trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Default headlight trouble

Hi-
I have a 2003 Carlo and there have been two times that when i was driving home I had my brights on and all of a sudden all the headlights completely shut off. Does anybody know what causes this or has anybody had this happen to them. It took me a little bit to find a way to turn them back on. The first time it happened I was on the interstate heading home when they shut off so I pulled off the road and turned off the car and turned it back on and that didn't help anything. Even the automatic lights didn't come on when I started the car. I finally decided to turn the brights on and they fianlly came back on. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this? Thank you!

Old 10-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Default RE: headlight trouble

see im so glad to hear im not loseing what is left of my mind LOL

yeah this happend to my car about a year ago and i could never get it to happen in the shop .
the favorit excuse to me was becuse we moved to germany the light here is briter then it is in the states and this causes the lights to be tricked so that head lights dont come on the right way. we all know this was wrong but hey they attempted to feed it to me LOL

But what i did find out after the fact is the ehad light switch is most likely the culpraet.

If you still have warrenty on the car to the dealer and request them to change it and the light sensor in teh dash.
Other wise you can replace the switch or just do like i did and change the dash lights out with LED's to elimanate the whole issue.