Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

01 SS window trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Default 01 SS window trouble

hey all, Im new to the website, but already like it alot. I am having a problem with my drivers window on my Monte. the window itself will roll down, but i cannot get it back up. I used to have to sweet spot the button, but now im not getting a thing. any ideas? Im having the same kind of problem on the passenger button, but on the drivers door. What would cause both of these to go down fine but not up? I have checked the fuses and they are fine...

Also, I noticed that my seat warmer on the drivers seat is no longer working as well, but the light works on it... any ideas on either of these problems would be great info!!

Old 07-07-2005, 07:04 AM
Default RE: 01 SS window trouble

one thing at a time here
the window: sounds as if you have one of tow things could be going on and one might fix this and your seat warmer to.

check to see tha tyou still have3 a good clean ground on the swtich connections also you can look to see if you have any wires that look like they might be broke,

take a test light and on the under side of the swithc you will see the connectors make sure you have power goign to them and also when you hit the switch if you have power in all of the right places then hook your test light to a power source and try again with hittign the ground wires. If you have a fulty ground and you hook up the test light backwards it will find it or at least narrow it down. (You might have to have the car on or in the ACC. position to get power there)

if you have power and ground in all the right places then you get in to a tuffer relm of things, take the switch out and on both sides of it you will see some small clips that hold the switch togeather open them up easily so you dont break them. Make sure every thing looks right in there. then take a pencil eraser and clean all of the contacts in the switch that you can fine. get a can of contact cleaner (you can get it at auto parts stores or radio hacker)
spry every thing off and let it air dry for a while to make sure it is all clean and dry. reassembel and try.
if theses dont work you can replace the switch.

to check to see if the motor its self is the prob. you can make a temp switch out of a peice of wire and just short acrossed the wires that make it go up and down and see if the motor is draggingand is working right. If so the motor more them likly is not the cause. Also check grounds for it to.

The seat warmer might just be the wire in the center counel is off its connection they are pretty straight forrward. they are like a window defroster int eh back window they wrok or they dont .
if all connections are good then you have to take it out of the seat and check it . for breaks .
you can also take the plug off of it at the seat and see if you have continuity threw it if you do then it is good if you dont you have found the problem and will need to replace the grid in the seat you can get a kit for them at PFYC (think it is) they sell a kit for 100.00 per seat,

LEt us know what ya find

Old 07-07-2005, 07:38 PM

I'm having the same problem with my window. Now it just doesn't wanna work at all. I've already taken the door panel off so I can get to everything in there. We'll see what happens. Update me if you find anything yourself bump.

Old 07-08-2005, 08:32 PM

Ok, check this... in an hour ride, I tried this, and it seems to work. Problem with this is, it doesn't solve the problem, but it obviously IS the problem.

While I was driving, I was playing with the swtich every which way I could, even just repeatedly just pushing "up" hoping it'd hit that sweet spot that was once there. Well... after about 40 minutes on the road, I held the switch from the top, and pushed it towards my, while pushing it down. It worked! I chanced it to get stuck again, and cracked it down. Held it the same way and pushed it up, and it worked again. Try that... I guess it's obviously the switch. More money to dump into it!