Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Gurgling noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you have an issue with your antifreeze, you don't need to touch anything with the air conditioner.

Being low on coolant will cause bubbling noises until you fill and bleed the system. If your antifreeze is disappearing, then you have a gasket problem.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM

the gurgling noise your probably hearing is usually from the coolant system. when my intake gaskets were bad, my car would "gurgle" because its getting too much air in the system, and then after too much air got in there it would overheat. bleed your coolant system and top off the rad. if you drive it for a bit and your problem persists, then have your intake gaskets checked into.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte ls
2003 . I looked it up a little more and they said there was a 90degree plug comong off the firewall and if i unplugged it, water would come out there for resolving the problem, well i just went under my car and did that and nothing happened. What hose am i looking for. And sorry for not getting it the first time around
Then look for the 90 degree elbow out of the firewall the hose is attached to that.

Are you losing coolant on a regular basis? If so.... Pop the oil fill cap off and look to see if it has some residual milk shake looking gunk....
If so...
Then you have a bad upper/lower intake gaskets...
They will be need to be replaced... Or you will definitely blow up the motor... Do you smell antifreeze in and or around the vehicle? That's a sure sign of a leak... It could also be those pesky elbows attached to the pully tensioner...there usually the first to go...

I would recommend..
Pressure testing the cooling system... from there that should point to the leak... and confirm its something more serious like the elbows or the upper/lower intake gaskets.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Then look for the 90 degree elbow out of the firewall the hose is attached to that.

Are you losing coolant on a regular basis? If so.... Pop the oil fill cap off and look to see if it has some residual milk shake looking gunk....

or check the rad cap....this was where my milky gunk was. my oil was fine. it all depends where the gaskets blow to as what fluid is effected