Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Gurgling noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Unhappy Gurgling noises

So whenever i tend to take off from a stop sign or red light , my car makes a gurgling noise and i dont what it could be , it sounds like its coming from the back right under the hood if your sitting in the car . Also realized my heat doesnt work that well unless im giving it gas . Any ideas what it could be

Old 03-21-2014, 10:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

More than likely your low on coolant... for the no heat issue...
also you may need to bleed the air out of the system..it may just have a vapor lock (air pocket)

The gurgleing could be as simple as the AC condenser drain is plugged... Take a cloths hanger and poke it in the drain tube and see if that doesn't let the water out...(as deep as it will go inside) It just maybe built up condensation from running your AC through out the year..

It may also have the T Stat stuck open..which means you may need a new T Stat.

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:37 AM

Thank you!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:40 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte ls
Thank you!
Your quite Welcome!
Were here to help!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:54 AM

This might sound like a dumb question but where exactly is the condensor drain located ? I dont want to poke through the wrong thing

Old 03-21-2014, 11:22 AM

5 Year Member

This might sound like a dumb question but where exactly is the condensor drain located ? I dont want to poke through the wrong thing
Its just off the firewall at the back of the motor...(below/around the heater box)
It may also appear as a an elbow coming out of the firewall... You may just be able to remove it and allow the water to drain out... (I'm not exactly sure without seeing yours)... Bu it should be easy to find from underneath it.

After some thought...
I'm almost sure your T stat is in the stuck open position..since you said you only get heat when your driving it.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bleed/fill your cooling system. That's likely the issue.

If that doesn't fix it, if you have a sunroof, I've heard of those drains getting clogged and pooling water inside the passenger door.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:33 PM

I checked my coolant and it was low so i put some in, and i still have the noise and im having a hard time finding the plug to drain the water out, please help ��

Old 03-21-2014, 04:39 PM

5 Year Member

I checked my coolant and it was low so i put some in, and i still have the noise and im having a hard time finding the plug to drain the water out, please help ��
Theres no "Plug"....
Its a hose...

Ever notice when you run your AC... Theres generally a puddle under the car on the passenger side of the vehicle...
That's the hose your looking for... to unplug to drain out the excess water from the evaporator...

What year is your Monte Carlo?

Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 PM

2003 . I looked it up a little more and they said there was a 90degree plug comong off the firewall and if i unplugged it, water would come out there for resolving the problem, well i just went under my car and did that and nothing happened. What hose am i looking for. And sorry for not getting it the first time around

Quick Reply: Gurgling noises