Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

05 monte 3.8 gurgling sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Default 05 monte 3.8 gurgling sound

hey guys got a quick quesiton i have a 05 monte LT 3.8 im getting this odd (sometimes loud) random gurgling noise, almost sounds like water boiling. seems to be coming from the firewall or lower half of the motor its real hard to tell. my guess would be that its water rushing into the heater core but at the same time i can never duplicate the noise at the dealership although it seems that when i leave the dealership it starts up again. also if it is water rushing into the heater core, my guess would be that i need to bleed the cooling system of air, now does that mean that i have a leak somewhere? the motor runs cool (even in this 100 degree weather) anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Marc

Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: 05 monte 3.8 gurgling sound

all the monte's have the problem with the heater core, it doesn't hurt anything...its just annoying...mine has been doing it since the day i got it

Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 PM

I dont know about all Monte's making that noise......
But......
Do you get the noise when you have just turned off the engine after running the A/C?

I dont think its has anything to do with the cooling system of the engine.
First off if you air in the system, the car would be running hot and overheating.

If the noise is coming when you shut the engine off, it is because the a/c system is what we call equalizing out.
This is normal not to just the monte carlo's but almost any auto.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hummm I don't remember ever hearing strang noises from my Monte, but then again I drive with the radio real loud LOL!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 PM

Nope its not just when i shut it off or when the AC is/was on it happened in the winter in the summer etc its only during accelleration it dosent matter if the motor is hot cold whatever its just kinda random. the dealership says there is some TSB related to this and the fix is to bleed the cooling system. but im not sure how much i buy into it but i guess we will see

Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 PM

well my caprice did the same thing. Sounds like it could be the heater core. It was when i ran it hard, it never seemed to hurt anything, but who knows. Let us know what you find out

Old 06-28-2007, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member

does your windshield fog up a little when you first start it in the cooler temps??

Old 06-28-2007, 10:35 AM

I have the same sound with my 05 LT from day one. It mostly happens first thing in the morning,
but it doesnt happen every day. It seems to be after starting up and driving a short distance. Sometimes I dont hear it for a few days and I forget about it. Then when I hear it again its like Oh yeah the waterfall is back. Its kind of weird.

Rob

Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member

yah sounds the same as mine then, lol, i think its the antifreeze rushing to the heater core, it doesn't hurt anything, its just annoying sometimes

Old 06-28-2007, 11:44 AM

My 01SShad this same problem... While I cant advise a fix I can tell you from my experience that I did a coolant system flush and fill. I used a good system flush and filled the system with proper mix of water coolant. I in addition added some of a product called "Waterwetter". This is a REDLINE company product..Its a system additive that lowers your running temp slighlty... After this I havent had the problem...Wierd...Its not a fix but I did this as regular maintenance and actully cured my Montes Gurgle

Quick Reply: 05 monte 3.8 gurgling sound