Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2006 LTZ Steering Wheel 'Rattle' & Pass Seat Noises

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Default 2006 LTZ Steering Wheel 'Rattle' & Pass Seat Noises

Thanks to all on the threads about the ISS lube noise, My 2006 with 19K just started that and now I can try and fix it myself!
BUT, I have an annoying 'rattle' behind maybe the air bag in my steering wheel (figures)whenever I go over bumpy roads. I can't stop it by doing anything. SO, how do you get in there without inflating the bag in my face [:@]

ONE more, the passenger seat makes a 'clicking' noise (rattle) in like, the headrest! If I put my right hand against it when I drive, it stops. I've torn that seat down but can't find the rattle. (Is there any way to get the danged headrest OFF?)

FINALLY, my Right Rear Tire Low message keeps coming on but the air pressure reads okay at the stem. I'm going to try and move that tire to the front and see what happensmaybe I just need a new sensor?

ANY feedback is appreciated. WE have a great community here!

FOLLOW UP 2/20/09. All I had to do with the Low Tire Pressure issue was to 'recalibrate the sensors'. I tried it and it worked! It's easy to do. Now all tire sensors check in with the correct air pressure!
On the steering wheel noise, it appears to be the dash top against the left air vent panel. Some silicone spray seems to have done it. Stupid passenger seat rattle is still there.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Default RE: 2006 LTZ Steering Wheel 'Rattle' & Pass Seat Noises

The rattling sound, in my car, comes from the handle in the front of the passenger seat, to adjust where the seat is positioned.. When I go down the road, it rattles from time to time.. I haven't torn it apart to figure out how to fix it.. I only notice it when I'm on real rough roads (dirt or shale) where the car will vibrate a lot anyways.

The Tire Pressure is probably you needing a new sensor.. If it isn't under warranty, I suggest going on E-bay and getting them.. People are selling them there cheaper than buying from the dealer.