Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

exhaust cut out

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Default 2006 Monte Carlo LT 3.5

i got rid of my stock exhaust, got the twin catback Magnaflow Exhaust straight from their site,,im in Montreal,Canada so it wasnt cheap. the sound was better,i found the boost on take offs slightly more,,then someone at work told me about QTP cutouts. i got the oval electric cutout,after a year i took off the motor and leave the thing open all the time,,for vids look on my youtube account= andrewmontreal....i havent put all vids as their all 1080p and some are just too long to put up.
in the end almost over 1000$ for the set up..
800$ for the magnaflow set up, 350$ for the oval electric cutout,,even though both our currencies are almost on pare,the exchange rate is still ridiculous,their some after market part vendors here in canada, but i love gm cars and buy american parts.
NOW the real problem for me is there are 2 Monte Carlo SS 1987`s for sale near me,,both not so mint condition but both kept in really good shape,engine and body wise for under 20 000$ each,,for me to go thru all that to get that sound wen i can just buy one of those who has the sound already without the mods.
Duderino

Old 07-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Default cutout

me again,,i forgot to mention,,since the cutout,,there is a huge gain in boost during take off,,let alone the fact no one comes near me after,,,stock engine is 220hp, since dyno pulls are over 100$ each and if you want assistance they ask extra i have yet to do so so how much gains i got i do not know but i do know it sounds,feels and drives way much better then before,,,idling? forget it, everyone stares and gawks and i always have women passerby`s tapping the hood giving winks. all that with the pleasure of setting off everyones care alarms depending how much i hit the fun peddles,,,yes the cops do not like it but as long as i dont drive too hard in residential areas they dont bother me. as the original poster of this topic said i have the same issues,not many CAI or even short rams available let alone superchargers,most are made for the 3.8 or 3.9 v6`s. cam`s i want to change mine, but not much choice for the v6 let alone the 3.5,,,,for now im happy,,,both the magnaflow and cutout makes my check engine light come on but i dont care, with the haynes manual for the monte i take care of everything but taking the actual engine out.
the Duderino

Old 07-31-2010, 08:10 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've got the CARTUNING.CA turbocharger on my 5.3 and I love it. It came with an electric cut-out and it works fine when I can open it. I am not positive, but I believe that if you put the cutout in front of the Catalytic converter, you will throw a code. I believe the the company I bought the turbo from changes the parameters that cause that particular error code. Not a hundred percent sure on anything that I gave you though. Good Luck!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:17 AM

mine shows the check engine light, due to the airflow going out thru the cutout,,but i advise all who ponder getting one,,do it,,now,,today. just sitting in your seat as you turn the key you`ll understand,,i bought ramps for the occasional times i need to put the plate back on(picking up the mama), or wen the police give me warnings other then that i leave it open,even winter,dont worry,the headaches go away

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by big green dog
i have and electric cut out that ran about $100. I got it put in right before the rear passanger tire. I also got the resinator taken out and i love the way it sounds when it is wide open. I dont think there is much performance increase but the sound is amazing for the money, and i would suggest getting the electric switch, just one of those cool little toys that most cars dont have that will set yours apart, and you dont have to worry about getting down on your knees to open and close it or have to wait for the exhaust to cool off.
The electric cut is a great idea i plan on getting it for my 06 monte SS my friend has a G6 GTP and wired up his switch to the panel next to his knee's in the car easy access especially good idea in Windsor because the cops hassle about it being to loud, so it's a safer bet if you dont wanna risk getting a ticket

Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

bringin it back.