Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Electrical

Old 03-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Default Electrical

So need some advice about electrical. Problem started after I removed the battery, car will not turn over. Lights come on, gauges all come on, and the fuel pump kicks on, but when I try to start it, no clicking of any sort.

so I replaced the battery, nothing
replaced the starter, nothing

Is there a way to diagnose what the problem is before I hand my savings over to a mechanic?

ps looked on the security channels and tried all of them.

thanks for the advice and your time

Old 03-17-2019, 10:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is the security light active on your dash board?

Old 03-19-2019, 04:40 AM

You can also check the crank relay in the upper fuse block under the hood for power. Keep in mind it gets its ground from the BCM to operate the starter.You can swap it out with a relay from fuse box below to try . If you believe its not a security issue you can manually jump the starter to start, if it shuts off right away its a security issue. Good luck.

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 03-19-2019 at 04:43 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.