Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Brake pressure modulator FYI

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Default Brake pressure modulator FYI

Just thought I'd throw out an FYI to everyone that has around a 2001 Monte Carlo. I have an 01 SS and over the last 6 mths, I've had the ABS light and "service traction system" code which throws the traction control to "off". Those three things happen at the same time when you start the car and put it in motion. The problem is the ABS hub/harness assembly which was not cheap. The other problem I had was the same lights, but the radio would throw a code and shut off like the car was being stolen. Fancy feature, but it was the BCM or "body control module" responsible for distributing information from the main computer. The last few days, it was doing the same thing as before with the ABS light and traction code, traction turning off when you start rolling..... Dealership states it's going to be around $1100 to replace the "Brake pressure modulator valve." The part is around $900 and I'm assuming that's for the luxioury of them getting the part right then so they can replace it at $100/hr for you. I found the part on gmpartsdirect.com seen below. Select your year and model and "brakes"/"ABS"

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...amp;sectionids

I did the math and over the last 6 months, I could have made 6 $350 car payments on a car w/ less problems. It's got 107K miles and starting to hurt my wallet! Again, didn't know if anyone else was having this problem and thought I'd throw out a suggestion on what it might be if you are. Peace!