Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

AUX Input Modulator with USB Charging?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Default AUX Input Modulator with USB Charging?

Hey guys, picking up my 01' SS this weekend and trying to get a list of parts ready to get my audio setup and while searching for an FM modulator I can hook my Android phone up to on the stock radio saw this iPhone version that also charges.

Amazon.com: Peripheral / PAC IS77 Universal iPod Dock and 3.5mm Input for FM Radios: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Peripheral / PAC IS77 Universal iPod Dock and 3.5mm Input for FM Radios: Car Electronics

Do they make something that will also charge via USB? I know I'd still need to plug in the headphone and USB jack but thought it would be nice to have the cleanly wired if possible and avoid having to have an ugly cigarette lighter charger on display if I didn't need to

I'm also planning on trying to do a small amp/sub setup while keeping the factory headunit and just wanted to ask if there are any noticeable downfalls with going the PAC inline converter route, I read the how to here and it looks pretty simple but thought I'd ask.

I've always swapped out headunits in the past but I'm getting older and more grown up bills to pay means the cheapest option is the best for me now not to mention it will allow me to avoid having to buy all the adapters to keep the dummy lights and steering controls

Thanks in advance and looking forward to learning the ropes around here