Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Battery post

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Default Battery post

Hello MonteCarloForum,

Im new here, just found your web site while browsing to get info on my problem for my 95 monte carlo LS.

Got this car 2 month ago (winter car) and the jumping battery post give me problem.

i tight the nuts on it, put a few tie wraps to hold the post tight (seems loose) and still some times i get some drop of current in the car or when i want to start it doesnt until i open the hood and play with it.

it is happen often that jumping post give problem? i checked ebay to get a replacement parts but no chance, any solution?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Old 12-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Default RE: Battery post

[align=center]Hi Frank, & Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Would you please post more details about your problem.[/align][align=center]What parts are you searching for ?[/align][align=center]Are your Battery Cables bad, or arethe posts on the battery[/align][align=center]lose/bad ?[/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts, and hopefully one of[/align][align=center]our expert members can assist with your problem.[/align][align=center]Good Luck & Happy Holidays[/align]

Old 12-14-2008, 05:59 PM

oh.... i c your battery is moving in the place holder. (your not jumping it) am i wrong?

if im right then mayby get a small ratchet strap and go around the base plate and ove rthe top of the battery. (this is a quick fix)
to do it properlly go to gm parts direct. if you cant find it there should be a email a representative button or something and ask for the part number.

and if im wrong and your jumping the batter then get a new one.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM

sorry for the delay, i was really busy at work.

my problem is not at the battery post itself, but at the jumping post. its attached to the fuse box under the hood.
did someone here had this problem before? i think you need to change the full fuse box but its probably a expensive job to do.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 PM

just to give you guys a idea of ehat kind of problem i have... this morning start the car and go to work. no problem, when i get to the parking at work i need to pass my card to open the gate... so i open my window and the car shuts off!!!(no more power in the car) i got out of the car, open the hood , shake a bit the jumping post, and the car re fire without a problem. the jumping post might be broken somewhere and dont attach proper to the fuse box, im just looking for a simple and cheap solution to fix my problem

Old 12-17-2008, 09:26 PM

does this happens everytime u open the window?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 PM

thats crazy dude. i have got no idea but your losing contact in the positice somewhere.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 PM

yep its pretty strange, the jumping post gets so hot sometime that i just burn my finger

ill probably this saturday take out the security bar and windshield washer jub to have a look, ill try to post some pics.

thanks

Old 12-18-2008, 09:23 PM

ok well u didnt answer my question and i still have no idea what the jumping post is but if u can shake the battery junction box (fuse box in the engine bay) and the car will then start i would say you have a loose connection. Since it seems to affect the power to the entire car i would say it is the main power to the battery junction box...find that wire and follow it to the connection and check to c if it is loose or if there is alot of corrosion i would start there