Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): 2007 SS intermittent no radio no chime dead bat

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
This is a wrong statement!

You have TPMS sensors in each wheel, and by the looks of your other thread, your wheels are still stock. There is a re-learn procedure in your owners manual for the TPMS sensors. Your posted readings are (--) for each wheel so I'm not sure why that is for all of them and I can't believe all of them could be bad? Did you change or rotate tires recently, have any of the sensors ever worked in the past?
Thanks, I realized that statement wasn't correct. Yes stock wheels, yes I have changed the tires the moment I bought the car I installed new tires the old were miss matched in size. I do not know if the tpms ever worked correctly before it wasn't working at the time I assumed the car. The shop that did my tires stated that they could not get the tpms system to recognize any of the sensors at the time I picked the car up. Well last night was my first chance to goof with it. I ran an obdII scan on it first to see if anything popped up, I expected nothing and got nothing so I set the brake turned on the key and set the system in relearn. after the horn sounded I went to the left front and let the air out. no response. I restarted the relearn and did it again, thought I wasn't fast enough, nothing so I went to the right front. with in 5 seconds the horn sounded, to the right rear, the horn sounded left rear, nothing. shut the key off and the horn sounded to indicate relearn was complete/cancelled. this brings me to believe the sensors at the valve stems of both left side wheels are bad. my friend who installed the tires isn't open today or if be headed that way to check now. What do you think of my results and opinion of 2 bad sensors?

Old 12-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSilver
Bad TPMS sensors are most likely the problem.

Sensors are ~$20 each + labor. It is quite nice to know the psi of each tire. We both probably should get ours fixed and clear the annoying light on the dash.

I've never seen sensors for $20 a piece!

When I bought new wheels from tirerack I got new sensors installed on my valve stems/wheels. I never got them through the re-learn process until about a year later after I found a decent priced TPMS tool also at tirerack. Really have only used it once but If/when I rotate tires I'll have it.....

CUB TPMS Trigger Tool

Old 01-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Thank you guys, my bud has a tpms tool on the way this coming week from snap on. I'm going to let him test run it on my car. I'm betting it shows 2 bad sensors.