Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): 2007 SS intermittent no radio no chime dead bat

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Default 2007 SS intermittent no radio no chime dead bat

My 2007 Super Sport looses all sounds inermittently no door no signal chime no radio, radio won't power on. When this happens the battery will draw down and be dead at next restart. When it occurs I have power on both sides of both the fuses that supply the amp and radio. Other issues with the car are the tire pressure monitor system. It shows no data will not recognize the wheel sensors and will not respond at all to the OBDII scan tool when I insatll it. Put new tires on and double checked that the wheel sensors are still in there. They are. Neither power port is working in the console either.
I begin to wonder if I'm have a bcm body control module issue here.

Thanks

Last edited by Rico Riggio; 08-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM

Hi Rico, sorry to read about your issue's with your S.S.
I hope that one of our expert tech's see's your thread & can assist on your problems...

The wheel sensors can go bad & should be tested `if they have not. How old is your battery ? A weak battery can cause many problems.

Please check back & hopefully one of our experts can assist & give you some good advice...Good Luck from `Space

Old 08-19-2013, 07:37 PM

No idea's yet? On a normal basis I come up with technical issues no one knows how to help me with, I just had a feeling this wasn't going to go any better.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM

Also speed control volume doesnt work. Any ideas yet? I've not been home to mess with the car due to following the knew york to Texas petroleum pipe line but im on my way home now.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Maybe...
Its something as simple as a Corroted connection at the Battery terminal?
Possibly it could also be a Battery itself? Whens the last time you had the battery tested? How long has it been in the car? Electrical isn't one of my strong suits... But sometimes its easy as a loose or corroted connection.

Im sure someone else will chime in with more suggestions/ideas!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I will also add, have you had the alternator tested? In many cases, you can drive the car to the parts store, if you have a fully charged battery, they can test the alternator on the car. Or you can pull the battery and the alternator and have them bench test them (best way to test them).

If the connections on the battery or to things such as the starter or a ground is badly corroded, the the wires are not moving the proper amount of electricity and/or intermittently braking connection.

When you drain a battery or the car has a very low battery, everything acts "funny". My Monte (driven summer only) would drain the battery in about 3 days of not driving it, oddly, sometimes I'd find the back up lights blinking when it was dead....Just enough juice left for the BCM to shout "look at me, I have a problem". It was passing battery/alt tests. I finally had the alt go bad (was making a foul odor), changed it, no problems since.

Hope that helps.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Re-reading this, I also see your issue about the wheel speed sensors. I believe this year Monte still uses the wheel hub to monitor the speed (where some other cars use special valve stems in the tires).

Does the car have an ABS light active on it? If so, you would be best finding an OBD-II scan tool capable of reading the ABS computer (not all scan tools can do that). It may have a code to clearly point you to the problem. Other thing I am speculating out loud, if all 4 speed sensors are not reporting back any data, perhaps you have a EBCM problem (ABS computer)....

Old 12-26-2013, 11:18 PM

Finally had time to, or more like forced, to look at the Super Sport. As stated in the past I work out of town a lot and the end of this year has take up all of my free time. In hoping to use it for the Hollidays I found a dead battery. I replaced that and while doing so I found a bad cable end on the negative cables. fixed that and so far driving a few tanks of fuel threw it this Christmas week it looks to be acting right again. I refer to always loosing sound from the radio and chimes.

I think for the tms I will start now with the basics and see if I can get the wheel sensors to set themselves. I put my obdII on and find no codes. (SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM) appears on the dash.
FRONT TIRES PSI
LEFT-- RIGHT--
REAR TIRES PSI
LEFT-- RIGHT--
Maybe now that I have a new battery and good connections this with set up correctly. I hope anyway. Thank you all for the help and sport to have taken so long to be back around. I think I have more problems yet to come, noisy lifters and think 2nd gear is weak. But one thing at a time.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:07 AM

My guess is going to be 2 bad tpms sensors. My reason for thinking so is after I put the system into identification mode and proceed to lower the psi of the left front I get nothing, no honk. moving to the right front the horn will honk in the first 5 seconds. moving to the right rear, horn honks in the first few seconds. Again on the left rear no reaction with psi dropping. Is it just coincidence that it's both on the left side of is there more to it?

Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I believe this year Monte still uses the wheel hub to monitor the speed (where some other cars use special valve stems in the tires)

This is a wrong statement!

You have TPMS sensors in each wheel, and by the looks of your other thread, your wheels are still stock. There is a re-learn procedure in your owners manual for the TPMS sensors. Your posted readings are (--) for each wheel so I'm not sure why that is for all of them and I can't believe all of them could be bad? Did you change or rotate tires recently, have any of the sensors ever worked in the past?

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): 2007 SS intermittent no radio no chime dead bat