Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2000 Monte Autostarter and Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Default 2000 Monte Autostarter and Bypass

Hello all
Well I have gotten the wife a AUTOSTART AS-8500 FM remote start http://www.autostart.ca/prodInfo.php?alarm=0&starter=1&tw=0&pr od=AS-1855FM and the IDATALINK Passlock I,II/PK3,PK3+ ( ADS-TBSL PL )http://www.idatalink.com/installguide.phpSolo series bypass for her 2000 Monte Carlo I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the install
I have done remote starts in the past on older modle cars but never one with factory alarm on them ( If you can call an anoying horn honk an alarm lol ) I do wiring trouble shooting on a daily bases and know how to use my DMM and test light LOL , I solder and heatshrink all my conections and understand more or less what i need to do when it comes to wiring
But i was hoping someone in the know could give me some heads-up on the install maybe a walk thru on this car or even some good tips or tricks dealing with this car
Thanks you Very much for any help
Dan D

Old 01-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Default RE: 2000 Monte Autostarter and Bypass

Hey, first order of business with a remote-start install is to wish you good luck!

Second, I just finished successfully installing a remote starter in my '02 Monte. There were some headaches with it, but once I got everything figured out, it was amazing how simple everything really was. In regard to the "factory" alarm, there's not anything too big with it. The remote start module will need to put a ground signal to your BCM when your remote start module unlocks the car, otherwise the BCM still thinks that the car is locked because it didn't send the unlock signal. It looks like there are two wires in the harness for your remote starter to either arm or disarm the vehicle (#4 & #5 in large harness) though I'm not sure. There seems to be only the diagram, but no guide as to what type of signal each wire needs to see to have the remote start module function properly.

It looks like your bypass will be easy enough to install; one wire to the OBD-II pin2 wire, one to the ignition, and then your RS232 port connection from your bypass to the remote start module.

As far as wiring diagrams, I found www.the12volt.com very helpful, particularly this post, as it contains pretty much all the wires you will need, as well as what pin and harness they can be found at from the BCM.

One note on the wiring diagram from that post states "NOTE *****Lock requires a (-) Negative trigger thru a 480 ohm resistor. Unlock requires a straight (-) Negative trigger. Must use relays if the unit does not have on-board relays built in. " Montes use a single wire to lock and unlock the doors. A certain voltage will trigger it to lock, while another will trigger it to unlock. Go to Radio Shack and buy their 99 cent pack of 470 ohm resistors. You will need to solder/attach this wire to the unlock wire from your remote starter, and then to the corresponding BCM wire (POWER DOOR LOCK ORANGE/BLACK (480 ohm Resistor) GRAY 24 Pin PLUG, Pin B3 at the BCM, (TYPE "B")).

That's about all the advice I would have for you. If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to answer, but I'll do my best. Hope this helps...

-Adrian

Old 01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Default RE: 2000 Monte Autostarter and Bypass

Hey thanks alot for the help I have gotten it all done last weekend and yes 12Volt . com was a big help

and everything you said was bang on
Thanks again