Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

06 SS on the fritz, AGAIN.....part 3.....revenge of fritz 1 and 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Thumbs down 06 SS on the fritz, AGAIN.....part 3.....revenge of fritz 1 and 2

Ok, so, Had this unreliable bastard for a good little while now, purchased it in Nov 09 and to this point it has had three diffrent power steering assemblies (not to mention a fried ECM to be followed by a fried TCM due to gm's excellent tin heat shield ) including the redesigned parts from the recall (nice recall by the way, my parts looked to be about 10 years old when they came into the dealership "new" from GM), going in for the fourth and final time this week, so it can be sold of course, cause i couldnt be more done with this p.o.s, i have a 94 blazer with 325,000 miles on it and i would take it cross country before the 06, ive seen me do it. Yet AGAIN the powersteering is out, and worse than ever before, EVERY two months the power steering goes out, it never fails, its like clockwork. With the old power steering parts before the recall it would function normally till operating temp and as soon as it hit operating temp the power steering seized up (these cars are a bitch to drive with no power steering), With the recall parts its totally seized up from a cold start, makes so much mechanical noise up front i can hear it over my exhaust setup, AND a semi beside me (that happened a few days ago, not embarrassing at all) full of fluid of course as always (Gotta keep an eye on it because the RE-DESIGNED RECALL PUMP IS LEAKING grats on the engineering GM)
hard to drive anywhere especially if i have to be in traffic or anywhere id have to pull into a parking spot is basically out of the question. I guess all im asking is is anyone else having these same sort of issues multiple times across diffrent pumps/hoses/cooling lines/etc? What could possibly be causing this? some sort of electrical or vacuum issue? I mean come on, with the old setup before i did the recall it was a pain to drive, but even at its worst it drove much smoother than this sorry excuse of a re-design. Could there be some electrical issue no one has find after tearing it apart three times? some sort of fried valve control? (id have to assume theres some sort of valve to release and build pressure within the power steering system, obviously) any input would be great! i hate to give this car another shot, im hating the fact its more than likely to be sold, but ive got a small hope that this can be resolved and i can actually start buillding it up how id like. Sorry for the long post, i got on a roll, haha!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did you take this to the same dealership every time? I would have hit up a completely different place to have the recall work done. You are the first person I have heard with all of these issues, so I would suspect the people doing the work, not the car.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM

agreed time for a different dealer. iver never encountered these issues. recall was done never had a problem(knocks on wood).

Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Did you take this to the same dealership every time? I would have hit up a completely different place to have the recall work done. You are the first person I have heard with all of these issues, so I would suspect the people doing the work, not the car.
Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
agreed time for a different dealer. iver never encountered these issues. recall was done never had a problem(knocks on wood).
I agree. Change dealers. When you say recall, are you talking about the powersteering hose recall?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:48 PM

yup, not the problem. the first two power steering issues were serviced at a private auto shop i know through my car club and a car club i frequently cruise and show with, i know all of them and their kids and grandkids lol. ECM/TCM was replaced at a dealership across town, Recall was done at the closest dealership to my house.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:25 AM

i dont know why you keep having power steering issues, but you probably should have had the dealer take care of the issue. there work should be guaranteed, and as i said in another thread i thought there was a special tool needed to reinstall the serpentine on the ls4. helping out your car club is all well and good but if they cant fix it right its time to go to someone that can.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM

monteman, did you read my post? The dealer has taken care of the issue, this will be the second time theyve done it. The dealer did the recall as well. Helping out my car club? its a private shop thats a locally runned buisness, has nothing to do with the fact they are around my car club, im just stating i know these guys, i trust these people. I dont think you grasp just whats going on here, this car has been through 2 diffrent pumps, multiple hoses, an ecm, a tcm, the recall assembly with the new pump and lines, and is going back to the dealership that installed the recall pump because now the recall pump is leaking and my power steering is non-existent and this point.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cyst3m
yup, not the problem. the first two power steering issues were serviced at a private auto shop i know through my car club and a car club i frequently cruise and show with, i know all of them and their kids and grandkids lol. ECM/TCM was replaced at a dealership across town, Recall was done at the closest dealership to my house.
i read your posts. this is the post i was speaking of. i recommend you take the car to a different dealership, and have them work on the car. not a private auto shop, not the same dealer, but a different one. i dont see why the power steering keeps blowing up on you, but im going to assume it has to be human error. take it to another dealer, and have them do it. there shouldnt be any issues with it under normal everyday driving. maybe if you were autocrossing it, the cap was bad, and you were spinning the **** out of the motor, but what are the chances of it doing it every time?