Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

04 Monte Carlo need some advise!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 06:57 PM
Default 04 Monte Carlo need some advise!

So everyone is aware I’ve worked on cars for a long time but I’m completely stump at the moment on the notorious garbage 3.4l gm…took the motor out this Monte Carlo was leaking everywhere and overheating issues, just bought the car for literally nothing ended up doing a head gasket, heli coiled the threads and got the heads machined, new spark plugs and wires… lower oil pan all new suspension and brakes also replaced the idler pully downstream 02 sensor and a egr valve… anyways all sudden done car runs and drives great EXCEPT… when in drive neutral or park I hear a really low don’t quote me but possibly a knock? When in reverse it goes away…Idk.. definitely not lifter slap/noise, or rod knock I hear the noise close to exhaust cylinder 1,3,5 I don’t think this noise pertains to the motor I feel it’s something else, but not 100% sure. It’s a very faint noise but when in the vehicle it annoys me. Any information regarding this would be great! Thank you guys.